PDA

View Full Version : cleaning the plastic bumper

oldmac
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Anyone have any instructions on cleaning the plastic bumper?
Also - how does a person get it to "shine" or keep it's "shine"..?

Also - any ideas on upgrading the navigation discs. I called the company navteq and they said it would be $199 + tax and shipping...Any suggestions on a cheaper route?

babalu87
04-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Back to Black for the plastic cladding makes them look like new

planemech
04-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Clean with soap and water. Restore and Protect with meguiar's #38 professional tire & trim dressing gel. [thumbup]

Rozinante
04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Sal Zaino's Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss leaves a nice satin finish, only slightly glossy. If I sound like a Zaino fan, it's because I am. Try his stuff and you'll never look back.

skibo
04-26-2006, 03:56 PM
there was quite a bit of discussion on this forum a while back - some were of the opinion that some of these products (Back to Black for one) actually did some long-term damage to the plastic.

Cross Current
04-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I am most concerned with the damage caused from UV radiation. 303 Protectant has been my choice. Brings out a dark black in the trim and offers excellent UV protection that lasts for month or so. Soap and water and brush have not been very effective at cleaning the trim from road grime.

kat
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Anyone have any instructions on cleaning the plastic bumper?
Also - how does a person get it to "shine" or keep it's "shine"..?

I am in the process of moving house otherwise I could give you the namebut I was advised to use same gunk as used to clean carvans. Horrible green stuff when you put it on but last sometime. I'll see if I can find it when we sort the boxes out.

Also - any ideas on upgrading the navigation discs. I called the company navteq and they said it would be $199 + tax and shipping...Any suggestions on a cheaper route?
Have brought some in the past off ebay and of course there is the classifieds on the XC forum itself!

oldmac
04-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the advice..Also - thanks for looking Kat. I appreciate any info.