PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows

marco
04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Yesterday I closed my drivers side window just like normal, except that the window went up and then came right back down. I've cleaned the tracks and the window and it still does the same thing (anti-pinch must be making it go back down) If I close the window without the auto-close feature it works fine. I can't see any damage or blockage.

Has anyone had this problem? YELLOW DUST season will be over soon so its time to for a trip to the dealer to replace the clogged cabin air filter anyway.

Marco

erictking
05-01-2006, 04:03 PM
This may be totally unrelated but I have had similar problems in the past and sometimes I think it is due to the auto-up/down feature on the switch. Sometimes it seems like if you press it and release it very quickly that the switch bounces back the other way and causes it to reverse direction. Can't say that I have ever been able to prove that but I have found that if I hold the switch until the window is all the way up and release very gently that it usually will stay up. I think it could be a problem with the switch.

XC70Geo
05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
The same problem happened to me.

You have to go to your Volvo service and let them "reinitialize" the Door Module. (Plug your car to their computer and run software callibration.)

marco
05-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks I plan on taking it in for service soon, now I know what to tell them.

The same problem happened to me.

You have to go to your Volvo service and let them "reinitialize" the Door Module. (Plug your car to their computer and run software callibration.)