PDA

View Full Version : Leather repair

Jay_Madrid
04-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Well I've now bought my 2004 XC70 and have really been enjoying it. As I mentioned in a previous thread, there is a small burn in the beige leather that I need to do something about. I'm thinking that I'll try the repair kit from Leather Magic (http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/volvocolrchart.htm) and see how it works. If I don't like it I can always try something else.

If you look at the page in the link you will see that there are varios colors and color codes. To my eye, my car has the Light Beige or Light Taupe, but of course I want to be sure. Does anybody know how I can determine the right code for my car? If it helps, the car is a Momentum trim with light beige leather and a slightly darker color trim.

Thanks!

Art
04-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Can’t say for certain which interior leather color matches your specific vehicle, but you can find the oem interior color code to the right of your VIN number located on the plate in the engine bay.

Off Black - B970
Oak/Oak - B980
Oak/Brown - B984
Lt Sand Beige - B951

Jay_Madrid
04-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Ok thanks, I'll have a look. Of course, the codes you mention don't coincide with those on the Leather Magic web page. Anybody have an idea of where the codes like VS6992 come from?