PDA

View Full Version : how to install steel cargo organizer?

skm
03-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Any one knows how to install steel cargo organizer
thanks

RedXC
03-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Do you the metal fence looking thing? That seperates the passenger to cargo comparment, right behind the seats? If so, there should be two male slots at the top of the "organizer" which goes to the slot at the upper part of the vehicle roof around the cargo area. Then the buttom might have two straps, which u clip to the hold it down on the cargo floor near the buttom of inside the quarter panel.

kat
03-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Any one knows how to install steel cargo organizer
thanks

If you have a look at this thread you will see some instructions and pictures from me how to do this, see here (http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6145&page=1)

Any further questions drop me a note, I do it quite often. BUT one thing be careful not to catch any of the wires when doing up the bolts, its can be costly if you accidently catch the organge one especially! Basically take you time and don't rush it.

RedXC
03-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Thats the same thing I'm telling him to install!

skm
04-01-2006, 12:30 AM
thanks kat!
I finished the job this morning, and the instruction manual says the white dot on the grill should match the green dot as in locked position. I don't know if I can turn that torx screw in either direction or it is only one direction.

kat
04-01-2006, 12:41 AM
thanks kat!
I finished the job this morning, and the instruction manual says the white dot on the grill should match the green dot as in locked position. I don't know if I can turn that torx screw in either direction or it is only one direction.

Its only one direction but different direction depending on what side you are on which is why its confusing, need to add that to the instructions! The idea of lining up the green and white dot is to ensure its locked into position.

From memory, on the right hand side (looking to the front of the car) to lock turn it anti clockwise and clockwise for the left. Also if the roof panels move a bit when you open and close the gate its because the roof bolts have not been tightened up enough.

If this is unclear let me know and I can try it out on mine and take some pictures and send them on to you.

skm
04-02-2006, 03:53 AM
thanks kat!
just back from service station, one service person told me that I can turn the torx screw in either direction and he actually did it in front of me ( although there is an arrow direction sign just below the fixing point).
thanks for your photo and it really do me a big favor!!!!!!!!!! [thumbup]