PDA

View Full Version : Alarm going bad

cossie1600
03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
I recently tried to use my panic button to locate my car, but i noticed the car was barely making noise. I just want to know if others are having similar problems. What are the fixes for it?

thanks

Tyrant11429
03-14-2006, 10:38 PM
I never had a problem with mine, I got a prestege alarm and remote start put in, and added to facotry alarm, but I notice it doesn't light up along with my prestege alarm anymore.

Beiner
03-15-2006, 06:38 AM
I recently tried to use my panic button to locate my car, but i noticed the car was barely making noise. I just want to know if others are having similar problems. What are the fixes for it?

thanks

Let me guess. It's making a slight buzzing noise, and that's on a good day. If you'll open your hood while the alarm is going off you'll find that the buzzing noise is coming from this little diaphragmed/horn looking thing. I know that on mine and others that this "noise maker" will go bad. I'm guessing you can replace it with the normal horn that you'd get from Volvo but I wired it up to operate with air horns. Sort of breaks the monotony of your average car siren.

cossie1600
03-15-2006, 11:28 PM
i just looked at the alarm, it looks like they are just weak from the factory, not as strong as the regular horns