PDA

View Full Version : amsoil ATF

XCHauler
03-09-2006, 11:46 AM
My 2001 XC transmission was flushed with the Amsoil ATF and has been operating normally since last august. The only thing that I notice was the up shift from second to third was quite abrupt when the engine is cold, but shifts smoothly when warmed up. The dealer indicated that this problem is normal for the Volvo XC and not much could be done about it. I had the neutral control feature updated on my transmission at the dealer last month and it fixed the surging idle, abrupt downshifts at speeds under 10mph when coming to a stop, and the annoying re-engagement of the transmission when proceeding from a stop position. I do plan on adding some Lubeguard to my transmission when the weather warms up and will report my findings then.

The recent posts regarding synthetic ATF prompted me to contact Amsoil regarding OEM fluid compatibility. This is their response to my question.
Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion and rumors.

In response to your inquiry, please refer your Volvo dealer to our web page on transmission fluid (ATF). On that page we address were we recommend our ATF. JWS3309 and Toyota Type TIV are both listed.

Thank you again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. As always, please feel free to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Kevin Dinwiddie

STLE/CLS

Technical Products Manager

Drivetrain & Power Transmissions

AMSOIL Inc.

AMSOIL Building

Superior, WI. 54880

Phone: 715-392-7101 ext. 275

Fax: 715-392-3097

Email: [email protected]

I have been using Amsoil in my vehicles for many years and I believe that their synthetic products are superior to anything else on the planet!! Visit their website and see the proof in the engineering test reports that reflect actual operating conditions and not some media hype!

howardc64
03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Very interesting. My car behaved very differently (various shift problems) with the Amsoil ATF as noted in a previous post. My car is 90k plus. Don't know if that matters.

I also send an email awhile back to Amsoil asking compatibiity to our tranny. They send me the same answer as did you.

When I looked at the Amsoil ATF spec, it is superior than many other ATF in many regards. Mainly, the range is wider in every aspect although I'm in no way an oil chemist. I wouldn't hesitate to use it in my other car.

So we have your car that runs great with Amsoil Universal ATF and my car that didn't like it. It would be good to hear from more users in this particular tranny to get some statistics :-)