PDA

View Full Version : warranty void concern with IPD antisway bars and HD endlinks?

neuronXC70
03-08-2006, 06:10 PM
after careful consideration of options and comments on this forum, i decided on going ahead with the ipd antisway bars and hd endlinks on my 2005 xc70.

called my volvo dealer and inquired about the getting them installed during my 7500 mi service.

they flat out said they would not put them on for me because of the volvo warranty issues. end of discussion.

is this true? has anyone heard of this or experienced this?

han

ifnt420
03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Unless you have 4C Suspension, then you shouldn't have any problems with voiding your warranty.
Even with 4C Suspension, they can only void related suspension warranty.
Think how can chaning aftermarket Anti-sway bar make your A/C conderser go bad? or how does it effect your Radio? Engine? NOTHING!!

Above is just what my dealer told me. :D

airprakken
03-08-2006, 09:57 PM
When / if I do this I will have my indie shop do it. I would be surprised if the dealer even noticed enough to write it down at the next Nx7500 check.

However, I have no experience with new Volvo maintenance until the last 2 weeks. Other comments on this forum would seem to indicate that the dealers usually "knee-jerk" a NO on mods of any kind.

My recommendation: Pay a good indie shop to do it. Make sure you tell your dealer sales contact that you really like the new S80 and are thinking about getting one. I do this as a matter of course even without problems -- of course it is not entirely a lie.

dlr97
03-10-2006, 11:34 AM
IPD has a good reputation and have tested products, so I would not anticipate a problem with their sway bars. Any possible problem would probably come from the end link mounting points, which will get more stress from the larger bars. If you did have a mount point failure you would be responsible for a fix (and reinforcement of the mount point would be in order).

I would have an independent shop install any non-OEM upgrades.

Dave