PDA

View Full Version : Dutch and blue

ashpee
03-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Hye,

a blue XC with dutch licence plates passed me on the motorway E17 in Kortrijk (Belgium).

Only wanted to say, it looks realy nice on those 17inchers. Is this anyone of our forum? If so [thumbup]

Bye, Hans

Willy
03-09-2006, 02:38 AM
Just blue, or perhaps Ocean Race Blue?
I ask so because I have seen such an XC here (I live near the Dutch border) and although my wife doesn't like it, I find the Ocean Race XC a very nice looking car :D
Willy

ashpee
03-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I couldn't tell if it's an Ocean Race or not, think not. Aren't they all post-MY04? This one was an older one. Also it didn't have the Ocean Race 17s, but aftermarket ones with wider tires.

But surely there are several blue XC in the Netherlands. Just curious if it could be one of the 11 dutchmen that voted in the country-poll.

BTW, don't you miss the 940 sometimes? I drove a 745 2.3 automatic before the XC and can't tell I like the XC that much more than the old ('88) tank, although the price was 1/10 or less. Sure, it's in far better condition, faster, more quiet, but I would like to have a prediction of what it will be like 10 years from this date.

Groeten,
Hans

Willy
03-09-2006, 10:39 AM
If I am not mistaken, The Ocean Race has a color all of its own, it is not all that dark, but more, well, ocean blue :D
I don't miss the 940 all that much. The XC drives a lot better, only minor things such as turning circle, size of the A-post are less good (positioning the drivers seat is a problem as well, more positions seems to make it harder to find the ideal position :o). Furthermore, my wife likes the power of the XC.
On the other hand, the 940 was perhaps the last model of a whole generation (the word dynosaur comes to mind). It remember, before deciding on the car, I asked here how different the XC feels from the 940. A member answered that the 940 behaves like a big ship when compared to the XC (and he was right). I also think that in 10 years, the XC will still be a great car to drive. I must admit it took me a while to get used to it, in my case this could be because of my age (50+) :)
Willy

ashpee
03-11-2006, 07:59 AM
No, nothing to do with age (I'm 28). Also, when I look at the history of cars you've driven, they were all based on the same concept, with gradual improvements over the years. XC has nothing to do with the Old-school Volvo's anymore.

Still, I can't help thinking the newer ones are not as tough. But hey, only time will tell and for now, it doesn't keep me from enjoiing the many good things about my car.

On Ocean Race topic, I like the outside looks of that car, but the inside, with the blue pieces splattered around, that's not my thing. I like the 'ECOWOOD-touch' better.

Greets, Hans