PDA

View Full Version : USA Spec iPod adapter and HU-650

elib
03-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know if the USA Spec iPod adapter works with a HU-650 or not? If not, does the Volvo iPod adapter work with the HU-650?

I'm trying to decide which unit to buy, and if it will work, I think I'm going to get the USA Spec. The two reasons I'd like to use it are the Aux input for my XM radio, and the direct mode so I can use the iPod's controls.

Does anyone have any reasons to get the Volvo unit vs USA Spec? Any helpful advice here?

Thanks,

- Eli

Art
03-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work Eli. In fact, I believe forum member Jack installed his Spec adapter along side his HU-850 without any problems. I’m sure that he would be able to walk you through it.

I do like the fact that the USA Spec unit allows me to have direct control of the iPod and full view of what’s currently playing on the its screen.

marco
03-05-2006, 06:45 PM
elib

I have the Volvo adapter installed my MY2005 XC70 using the HU-650. Works great.

Marco

Does anyone know if the USA Spec iPod adapter works with a HU-650 or not? If not, does the Volvo iPod adapter work with the HU-650?

I'm trying to decide which unit to buy, and if it will work, I think I'm going to get the USA Spec. The two reasons I'd like to use it are the Aux input for my XM radio, and the direct mode so I can use the iPod's controls.

Does anyone have any reasons to get the Volvo unit vs USA Spec? Any helpful advice here?

Thanks,

- Eli