PDA

View Full Version : New Model to be announced

First with XC News
02-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Nearly a year since my last post but I have been keeping an eye on all the great things that have been going on here, like Don's fabulous work on those ETM's, I take my hat of to him for all his hard work and just hope that you guys in Europe could benefit from American laws over there as you seem to be getting a raw deal from your local Volvo companies.

I detract from my train of reason for posting. This morning I had a few bills drop on the doorstep and a strange envelope from the UK, strange because I am not used to getting letters or bills from there. I got the bills out of the way, utility bills huh and each one was more than the last one, well they all have to be paid without any remonstration otherwise I will be sitting here in the cold and dark doing jack. Now this UK letter was smart and did not look like a bill or a card, on closer investigation I noticed it was mailed from London Greenwich, intriguing.

Ah well I just ripped it open and found (to my surprise) a pass to the London Motor Show with a hand written note saying 'be there, Volvo to announce a new model'

What could this mean, that's all the note said and what model is Volvo about to announce I wondered? and how am I going to be in London when I am scheduled to be on the other side of the World that month?

So I started to weigh up my options, I know the S80 has been redesigned so it can't be that one but Volvo are going to bring out an wagon/estate version of the S80 called the V90 so could this be the announcement? Could it be the new 30 range? maybe they are going to show the new H30. So I checked the UK Volvo website and saw that they are offering deals of 3 years extended warranty on every car in the range except for the V70/XC70, why? and why did I get this pass?

I can only think that Volvo are about to launch the all new XC70 because Ford are about to drop the Freestyle now, but have given it another year of life so as the same platform is used for the XC/V 70 range I am really wondering if a new XC70 is on the horizon? Who knows? But now I have to decide where I want to be in July? mmmmmmmm

Has anyone else heard anything?

TrueBlue
02-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Bet It'll be the new C70 which is due for a public airing in late March (?).

Volvo doesn't know who uses the web and assumes Joe Public is ignorant of what's going on. That's reasonable enough as the mass market is unaware; only "us" petrolheads are sometimes one step ahead.

AWD*V70XC
02-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Bet It'll be the new C70 which is due for a public airing in late March (?).

Volvo doesn't know who uses the web and assumes Joe Public is ignorant of what's going on. That's reasonable enough as the mass market is unaware; only "us" petrolheads are sometimes one step ahead.

The C70 is already on sale here so I don't think they will hold off until July for an offical release :confused: and the XC90 is not due a facelift but I have heard something about them dropping the V70 in favour for the new estate V80 but all V's are odd numbers so that is why it could be a V90. I had the 960 prior to this V70 and it was a bit like the old Ford Granada estate, big and cumbersome. Would not like to see that rear it's head as a XC70.

PS. getting a little fed up with all the up praising that the top gear team are giving the C70, I can't see a big market for it in Northern Europe as the weather is always so crap.

balky
03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
[sly] :eek: hombres, it will be the all new xc50 !!

[thumbup] [santa] [bigsanta] [pico] [nonono] [thumbup] :rolleyes:

AWD*V70XC
03-03-2006, 03:39 PM
[sly] :eek: hombres, it will be the all new xc50 !!

[thumbup] [santa] [bigsanta] [pico] [nonono] [thumbup] :rolleyes:

Is this fact or just your joy at having a new XC50 launched????

KILOFINAL
03-11-2006, 07:58 PM
That's interesting.....can't wait to hear what it is. I love my XC70, but would love to see a fresh update to the XC. LED tail lights woud be nice and standard DSTC. I really like the centre dash layout and I don't like the new centre layout that I've seen on the new V50 or new S80.

AWD*V70XC
03-12-2006, 07:09 AM
I haven't got a clue what it means but I can see XC50 in there -

Volvo собирается в 2008 году начать производство новой для себя модели – шведы хотят выпускать под своим брендом минивэн, который будет построен на той же колесной базе, что и Ford Galaxy. От Galaxy новому шведскому минивэну достанутся и двигатели, хотя на однообъемник Volvo будут ставить в основном лишь достаточно мощные силовые агрегаты.

Кроме того, можно отметить, что в 2008 году Volvo может начать выпуск и модели XC50 – это будет компактный внедорожник созданный на базе S40.

v70+xc70
03-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Hmm interesting. Factor in the following

New Freelander is being announced at the Brit Motor show. This is confirmed.

4Car claims the xc50 will arrive as a my2007 model and based on the Freelander.

Throw these together and its possible the xc50 may be announced. If I was Volvo I'd rather have my own show than have it stolen by the Freelander

Personally I'd rather see a new xc70

AWD*V70XC
03-19-2006, 01:52 PM
And there has been spy shots of a new Ford Focus 4 x 4 which also uses the V50 Chassis which all adds up to a new XC50 somewhere in the ether but would Volvo want to up the anti on the XC50 when the V70 is near death as a model?

Tyrolier
03-31-2006, 05:04 AM
Please pardon my jumping in here.

I have some close friends in Sweden and a friend in Volvo engineering. I am new to the forum. Can I be of any help in finding out what's going on?

Ford had promised NOT to interfere with the Volvo line, but I sense from the tone of this thread many (myself now included) fear Ford is asserting a 'big brother' hand in Volvo.

How many I help, if at all? I can't promise any more info than what is here, but I am willing to try. Advice please?

Thanks,
Chuck

TrueBlue
04-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Please pardon my jumping in here.

I have some close friends in Sweden and a friend in Volvo engineering. I am new to the forum. Can I be of any help in finding out what's going on?

Absolutely NO need to apologise, that's how interesting threads get started. We've all got to get started somewhere. Soooo anything you can do will be welcome!

Ford had promised NOT to interfere with the Volvo line, but I sense from the tone of this thread many (myself now included) fear Ford is asserting a 'big brother' hand in Volvo.

It is worrying that Ford may dumbdown Volvo's products. On the other hand there is much to be gained by Volvo because it gives this small manufacturer access to advanced technology at a reasonable cost. I believe that the introduction of the Haldex transmission was due to Ford's purchasing power.

That said, any such big brother relationship has to be managed carefully - from both ends of the parent / child relationship.

v70+xc70
04-10-2006, 03:17 AM
4 car in the UK claims on its website that the production version of the Volvo WC first seen at the Geneva show in 03 will be announces for MY07. the XC50 waits a year.

Volvo V90
A production version of the VVC concept estate based on the new S80 and twin to the next-generation Ford Freestyle station wagon/SUV crossover (US-only). It will be four-wheel drive, in a similar vein to Subaru Legacy Outback, Audi allroad etc.
Concept car: Volvo VVC (Geneva 2003)

If true putting this thread under xc50 is beginning to look silly, looks too like the xc70 will be allowed to fade away....

Edmunds on the other hand....has this

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=107413

AWD*V70XC
04-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Rumour has it that the 'new' XC90 shown in New York (this week's auto show) will be unveiled in the UK in July, so I guess we will have to wait a little longer on news on an other XC models in the pipeline.