PDA

View Full Version : fog lights replace bulb

steve1957
02-13-2006, 05:23 PM
All, the fog light bulbs on the xc v70 are rather simple to replace yourself, just unscrew one screw under the bumper,remove plastic guard, reach up and turn the socket, remove the bulb and replace with a new bulb ,NOTE do not touch new bulb with bear fingers, use a tissue.
I am always replaceing bulbs on this car!!! :D

F0RWARD
02-14-2006, 12:41 AM
All, the fog light bulbs on the xc v70 are rather simple to replace yourself, just unscrew one screw under the bumper,remove plastic guard, reach up and turn the socket, remove the bulb and replace with a new bulb ,NOTE do not touch new bulb with bear fingers, use a tissue.
I am always replaceing bulbs on this car!!! :D

Any pic's how to do it ?

slowflyer
02-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Steve,

You might want to get some protective film for the fog light lenses. We had a rock break one of ours and Volvo did not sell the lense separate from the fog light assembly ($135 if I remember correctly)

There are posts here somewhere for suppliers. Your dealer probably has them too (kit also covers headlights)

RedXC
02-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Steve,

You might want to get some protective film for the fog light lenses. We had a rock break one of ours and Volvo did not sell the lense separate from the fog light assembly ($135 if I remember correctly)

There are posts here somewhere for suppliers. Your dealer probably has them too (kit also covers headlights)

oh really about the fog light as unit!? I got the rockblocker brand. BUt they sent me the headlamp but no fog light kit. They sold me as a kit for both. But they stated that they lost the specs for the fog light. Which they never sent me another one or responded to my e-mail. So I recommend to double check that they have both in stock before ordering.

slowflyer
02-16-2006, 11:20 AM
oh really about the fog light as unit

That is interesting about rockblocker. I know I looked at that brand after our fog light broke. Caveat Emptor.

wgriswold
02-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I got a kit from one of the Volvo suppliers on the Internet. I can't remember where, but a search of this list might turn it up. It was in a thread about two or three years ago. It was made by 3M and included covers for all four lights. Easy to apply and barely noticeable now. At first there were a few bubbles I could not get rid of but they went away with time as the directions promised.

rucreus
02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
The 3M brand kits are available at IPD in Portland Oregon....

Art
02-16-2006, 02:45 PM
A bit OT from the original post, but I’m a huge fan of this stuff and have had vinyl film installed on all the headlamps and foglights since day one. We’ve yet to receive a single crack or abrasion on the lenses despite the copious amount of winter sand and gravel laid down on our local roads and highways. I find that regular applications of 303 aerospace protectant helps keep the vinyl looking sharp and clear. The initial cost of the film far outweighs the cost of replacing an entire housing. That’s pretty cheap insurance IMO. Currently use a 20-mil product called Riccochet which doesn’t leave any trace of dark residue or streaks from the headlamp wiper rest points. There is some evidence of gravel impact on the foglight film but I guess that’s to be expected.

http://volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/Foglight%20Protector.JPG
http://volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/Headlamp%20Protection.JPG
As you can clearly see in this image of the wiper blade arm, the evidence of how much abuse the headlamp units are subject to.
http://volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/Wiper%20Blade%20Arm.JPG

slowflyer
02-17-2006, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE=Art] There is some evidence of gravel impact on the foglight film but I guess that’s to be expected.

That just means the stuff probably saved you from a broken lens [thumbup]

I am the one that sidetracked this thread but it really made me irritated when I had to by a whole assembly.