PDA

View Full Version : Water leaking into passenger footwell

lintbrush
02-02-2006, 01:13 AM
I was driving though some pretty nasty rain for about 2 hours when my wife happened to notice that the carpet and right kick panel was saturated on the passenger side. Perhaps a faulty moonroof drain? Don't know how long this has been a problem considering one rarely is shoeless during the wet season. My car goes to the dealer in a few weeks so I'll hopefully know what's up then. Just something you may want to sanity-check yourself after driving through some heavy rain. :)

Dubhead
02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey there,
This has been discussed in some other threads but indeed it sounds like the AC/Cowl vent drain lines have become clogged. The sunroof drain lines, if clogged, leak around the A-pillars(front) and not on the floor mat or kick-panel. It is also possible that the weather stripping just behind but ahead of the passenger side-view mirror is bent funny or not seated properly. I reguraly have my AC/Cowl vent(they are shared) lines cleaned out with compressed air. It seems like it might be a simple procedure, but I haven't found anyone describing how to do it here yet...but I haven't looked too hard yet either! ;)

Hope that helps...
Dubhead :cool: