PDA

View Full Version : 05' XC70 Air Conditioning.........

Indy
01-21-2006, 06:58 PM
When I purchased my 05' XC 70 last fall from Jim Fisher Volvo in Portland, they said that I should run the AC year round. In our wet Pacific NW winter climate, running the AC will keep the front window from fogging on occassion but I don't notice any difference 99% of the time. Any reason to run the AC year round? Also, I had the rig professionally waxed a short time ago and I've noticed some 'whiteish' stain on the plastic on the fenders where they got a lil' sloppy. Can somebody recommend a cleaning product to removed the stains?

RedXC
01-21-2006, 10:18 PM
The A/C should defog the windows, and it also removes dust. Is your A/C System cold when is turned on? Also with the heater on, A/C will work also.
Running the A/C often will lube the compressor and A/C fittings, which prevents the compressor pistons from seizing.

I also got some stains on my bumpers from waxing, I tried bumper re-condition but ill come back after a while when the re-conditoner goes away. Any ideas other members?

SummitXC70
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
This stuff is great, it will remove waxes, silicone, and rubber from the black vinyl moulding and anywhere else. You can get it at Griot's website. By the way all of their products are incredable. I waxed my car this summer with their products and it looked better than the day I bought it!!!

I have become an anal detailing fool with my beloved vehicle.

Jack
01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
I have become an anal detailing fool with my beloved vehicle.
Tough to do in Breck this year....damn, it's snowing AGAIN! :D :D

Jack
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
In our wet Pacific NW winter climate, running the AC will keep the front window from fogging on occassion but I don't notice any difference 99% of the time. Any reason to run the AC year round?
Think of the AC switch as more of an enable/disable button. ON just means it will work when the system thinks it is needed -- it doesn't run all the time. OFF means it won't come on. In my opinion the ACC works well and I generally let it have it's way. The only time I turn off the AC is when the car has been sitting in our warm Colorado winter sun and the car thinks it is warmer than it is. After a couple minutes it's back to auto.

p.s. I believe the air filtration works all the time and isn't influenced by the AC mode.