PDA

View Full Version : suspension height problem?

skm
12-28-2005, 01:37 AM
I just got my car for a month, recently I noticed that my xc70's driver side suspension height is about 1-1.5 cm lower than the passenger side on both front and rear. I wonder if that is normal?
I was told by the service shop that it is normal but I couldn't hardly find another xc70 which has the same problem as I do.
HELP!!!!!!

Dani K.
12-28-2005, 04:17 AM
skm, how did you reach that conclusion? Did you actually measure it up?

Make sure that the tyres are inflated equally and that there is no weight in the car (even if it is something you have put up in the boot) and check again.

Do you think it is affecting the car's handeling, or is it just an optical problem?

skm
12-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Dani K, I noticed this problem since the first day I took my xc70 and had contact Volvo car Taiwan about this matter.
What they suggested me was to go to service shop for a measurment which I did, but no improvement at all. After read you previous post I realized maybe other owners had this problem too. It didn't cause any influence on my driving and every thing was fine since then, so I wondered this might not be a problem. The only problem now is I can't find any new xc70 on the showroom which has the same problem as I do. How about your car now Dani k, is it still looks like unbalanced from back and do you have any problem about this since your previous post is about 2 years ago?
Really need your feedback as this may persuade VCT to have my shock absorber changed.

thank you!

CTXC70
12-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Have them pull the springs and do a height and load test.

If one of the spring isolators is worn or not install correctly it could create this condition.

The only other thing is the damper. If one is over working or under working it might not let the car return to its original ride height.

I know this is a dumb question but the car is stock and empty of cargo and the like…

Art
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
I just got my car for a month, recently I noticed that my xc70's driver side suspension height is about 1-1.5 cm lower than the passenger side on both front and rear. I wonder if that is normal?
I was told by the service shop that it is normal but I couldn't hardly find another xc70 which has the same problem as I do.
HELP!!!!!!

Hmmm....this thread sounds vaguely familiar.

Screwed-up suspension (http://volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2660&highlight=height+difference)

Let’s hope that you find a fix and finally put this issue to rest. :)

nmilev
07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I noticed from the back the car is leaned on one side.Took measure tape and there is 1 inch difference front and rear compare to the passenger side.I don,t thing my weight of 130 pounds can lower the car so much. It is 2000 XC70 with 74000 km on it.

Willy
07-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Do any of these problem cars have auto-leveling?
Willy