PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad Volvo Dream

SYS
12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
For the first time in my life I had a very vivid Volvo dream last night. You see, I just purchased a Canon 20D digital camera, and I was having a focusing problem due to my poor eyesight. I don't know whether I was really frustrated with the focusing problem or not, but in my dream I was taking some photos of my XC70 when all of a sudden I realized that the XC70 is literally moving in order to "come into" perfect focus. Wow!! I thought, this is GREAT!! So I kept "focusing," and the XC70 kept moving into the perfect focusing in my viewfinder. Then, the next thing I knew my XC70 fell into a ditch with a loud bang. I had "moved" the XC70 in my viewfinder into this unknown disaster!! Upon inspecting the damage, my heart was totally crushed beyond belief....and that's when I woke up. When I realized it was just a dream, I let out a huge sigh of relief.

Then my boys ran into my bed to report that there's a fox in our backyard. Sure enough, in the crystal bright and sunny snowy morning, there was this gorgeous fox with shiny brown fur stealthly looking around before hopping over the fence and disappearing....

What a day.... and yesterday at work I saw a buck deer outside my office window foraging for what food it can find....

RedXC
12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
RIP the Volvo in your dream...

:D

John@CdnRockies
12-04-2005, 10:31 PM
This kind of reminds me of what our Volvos are all about. Most guys would have subconsciously connected their "dream machines" with some beautiful girls or a fancy racing yacht - anything with some element of glamour. SYS , on the other hand (like most of us), dreams about it in terms of a simple camera and a ditch.;)

Sheesh, looks like we are going to have to upgrade to the "R" series before we fall into the mainsream!

John

philosophicaldreamer
12-05-2005, 07:17 AM
This kind of reminds me of what our Volvos are all about. Most guys would have subconsciously connected their "dream machines" with some beautiful girls or a fancy racing yachtJohn

Don't you read Freud? All your dreams come down either to the fear of death or the wish for sex. So now you have to figure out whether your dream is about your need for immortality and this is why you are dreaming of XC or whether your dream is a wish for a spectacular young woman and this is why you are talking about getting an R version. Whichever it is, keep your wife out of it if you have a wish for domestic peace:D

Ta-ta, j.

SYS
12-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Okay, I'm wide awake now. That dream of mine made me really nervous, Freudian or Jungian, as we were hit with a pile of snow that all turned the streets into ice with strong gusty wind over night. It was so icy that my garage door failed to open for the first time in 4 years living in Colorado Springs, CO. Apparently the bottom of the garage door froze over night... I just had to put the latch back in to work, but.... It's too bad I had to drive to work in my Nissan in crawling pace. Even with my excellent Dunlop Winter Sport M3 I was slip and sliding. My wife didn't say anything about slip and sliding while driving the XC70 with the new WR's on to work. So that's a good sign, but I'd have liked to test the WR in a day like today.... :(

philosophicaldreamer
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Okay, I'm wide awake now. That dream of mine made me really nervous, Freudian or Jungian, . . .

Don't worry about your dream. You are not experiencing anything different from rest of us. We all feel "snowed in" from time to time. But then again, being snowed in might be an indication of some sense of existential anxiety that your unconscious feels when it dwells on your condition. There you are with your Volvo in a garage but unable to pull it out. Hm . . . what can this mean? Sense of helplessness and impotency. Trapped in your own life? Who the hell knows . . . things must be not so bad if you still have a volvo to pull out your garage. :D I wake up sweating that one day I find a Honda and not a Volvo in my garage . . .Now, this is a real nightmare :D

Ta-ta, janusz

Dropje
12-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Sys,
Next time make sure you have the 20D handy with the 2x II extender :) so you actually get some pictures from the fox.

(I also read the "other" forum (Canon Digital Photography Forums)).

My dream, or is it a nightmare, is about my oldest (will turn 16 soon) asking for the carkeys

cheers

SYS
12-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Sys,
Next time make sure you have the 20D handy with the 2x II extender :) so you actually get some pictures from the fox.

(I also read the "other" forum (Canon Digital Photography Forums)).

My dream, or is it a nightmare, is about my oldest (will turn 16 soon) asking for the carkeys

cheers

Ha Ha!! Imagine that.... :eek: It's not everyday that you run into a Canon Digital Photography Forum member at a Volvo forum!! :D

Well, I have a long way to go before turning my keys over to my sons (they're now 8 and 6)...

By the way, when we run into each other at the Canon's, use the password "XC70" in your text so I can recognize who you are... ;)

SYS
12-05-2005, 03:46 PM
By the way, when we run into each other at the Canon's, use the password "XC70" in your text so I can recognize who you are... ;)

Never mind... I found you there. Nice photo of a turtle sunbathing, by the way. With your great photographic skills, you should take some photos of your Volvo and post them here.

Raynald
12-05-2005, 03:59 PM
(...) All your dreams come down either to the fear of death or the wish for sex. (...)

Gee! :confused: No wonder... I thought it was the other way around! :D :D

philosophicaldreamer
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Gee! :confused: No wonder... I thought it was the other way around! :D :D

Well . . . you are . . . somewhat French . . .;thus, it would be the other way around for you. :D :D

Ta-ta, janusz