PDA

View Full Version : Wet Interior

rverginia
11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
This morning, my neighbor informed me that my "window was down". I fully expected to find the glass broken and my radio would be gone. Instead, I was surprised to find that my drivers side window decided to open all by itself and allow the rain to soak the interior of my 01 V70XC. The door was still locked and the alarm was still armed.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Can it be fixed?

al_roethlisberger
11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I am really sorry to hear about this... but don't personally know how this could happen, unless you perhaps hit the switch with something as you were exiting the car and just didn't notice the window was down? Hard to imagine, but *shrug* :(

But as an aside, if the car did put the window down "by itself"... I'd sure like to know the "code" that does this, so I can open/close the windows with my remote! :cool:

al

Rabbit
11-29-2005, 12:25 PM
This morning, my neighbor informed me that my "window was down". I fully expected to find the glass broken and my radio would be gone. Instead, I was surprised to find that my drivers side window decided to open all by itself and allow the rain to soak the interior of my 01 V70XC. The door was still locked and the alarm was still armed.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Can it be fixed?

Are you 100% sure you closed the window before you locked and alarmed the car? :confused:

If you are sure that the window was up, perhaps you have an electrical gremlin in your 2001...

With regards to the rain, park your XC in the garage so if the electrical gremlin returns it won't get wet inside! :D

rverginia
11-29-2005, 01:53 PM
My wife is sure she had the window up (winter in Seattle, 38 degrees). I will just have to hope it's a freak occurance.

AWD*V70XC
11-29-2005, 03:10 PM
When you switch off the engine you can open or close the windows, but as soon as you open any of the doors you break the circuit and the windows will stay in that position until you insert and turn the key again. I think your wife must have (inadvertently) hit the switch when getting out of the car.

On another thread someone mentioned that when the rear windows had the child locks on, by opening the front windows a smart child could also open the rear windows, I tried this with my kids and it did not work that way, at all.