PDA

View Full Version : Other VADIS upgrades, like opening & closing windows?

al_roethlisberger
11-18-2005, 10:51 AM
So, when the car goes into the shop Monday for various nits that I want addressed, one of the things I am having done is enabling central locking at ~7mph via VADIS update... which I think is about $25

I was wondering if there are any other VADIS upgrades such as:

- opening/closing all windows/sunroof via remote
- windows close at certain speed

etc?

al

Art
11-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Al,

Here are a couple of links that you might find useful. :)

Personal Car Settings (http://acctest.semcon.se/en-GB/P2X/comfort/added-or-altered-car-functions/VCC-249393.htm)
http://volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/pdf/programmable_customer_parameters.pdf

al_roethlisberger
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Perfect, thanks!

al

Willy
11-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see the auto-up feature of the front passengers window. I know it is programmable, but perhaps your car already has is this feature set.
Willy

al_roethlisberger
11-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, my 2004 has auto(express) up/down for the front windows stock.

al

Jack
11-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Hope your dealer is more reasonable than mine. They wanted $95 for the technician and $40-something for each download! I decided to live with the double clicker.

al_roethlisberger
11-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Hope your dealer is more reasonable than mine. They wanted $95 for the technician and $40-something for each download! I decided to live with the double clicker.

They told me ~$25 for the option, and dunno about the labor. I'll ask. But I would argue with them if they tried to charge much, as they are already doing a bunch of other things that require hooking up to the computer.

We'll see.

al

ralfx
11-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, that's perfect timing. I just wanted to post a thread, asking for some feedback regarding fee(s), Volvo and the dealers charge for re-programming ctrl. units. It looks like this discussion has started already.

A couple days ago my dealer recommended and performed an ECM and a TCM software upgrade. He charged approx. US$ 100.00 for one tech. hour + US$ 30.00 and 40.50 for downloading the upgrades.

I asked 2 questions :
1. What are these upgrades for ?
2. Why do I have to pay that much ?

Answer to question # 1 : "They are recommended by Volvo.".
Answer to question # 2 : "That pays for the tech. who is performing the upgrade + covers the fee, Volvo charges the dealer for downloading the upgrade(s)."

I double-checked with Volvo Customer Care and got confimed that Volvo charges the dealers for accessing/downloading the SW upgrades.

Hmmm ... I am working in the automotive industry for a little more than 15 years now and I believe to know that OEMs do only recommend (require) upgrading SW if there is a reason for it => SW bugs need to be removed. I also believe to know, how much work/time is needed for performing SW upgrades. Therefore I am surprised that Volvo charges the dealer and through the dealer the end customer (that much !!!) for fixing their or their suppliers problems ....

Anyhow, that's just my opinion, but I see different numbers floating around from US$ 25.00 to > 100.00 for performing SW upgrades.

I also would like to know if I could be in trouble with my Extended Warranty if I reject to authorize these "recommended" maintenance operations.

It would be interesting to learn a little more about this. Thx in advance for the feedback.

JAZ
11-18-2005, 07:55 PM
This is my one big gripe with the V70 and V70 XC is to have to pay for some simple changes like doors unlocking with one click or two. I drove a V50 yesterday while my V70 was at the dealer for a refueling problem. The door locks and such on the V50 can be programmed by the owner using the controls in the center dash console.

RedXC
11-19-2005, 12:52 AM
I've thought the enabling central locking wasnt for the US/Can XC70s?

al_roethlisberger
11-19-2005, 07:00 AM
I've thought the enabling central locking wasnt for the US/Can XC70s?

Dunno, I'll find out for sure Monday *shrug*

When I requested it a week ago whilst making my appointment, the service tech almost completed my sentence for me as I described the feature I wanted, and knew the approx price off the top of her head. So it apparently wasn't a surprise to them ;)

Again though, I'll find out for sure Mon/Tue when the car gets serviced.

al

RedXC
11-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Dunno, I'll find out for sure Monday *shrug*

When I requested it a week ago whilst making my appointment, the service tech almost completed my sentence for me as I described the feature I wanted, and knew the approx price off the top of her head. So it apparently wasn't a surprise to them ;)

Again though, I'll find out for sure Mon/Tue when the car gets serviced.

al

yeah let us know! i really want to have that feature in the XC. Also the cost please!

al_roethlisberger
11-22-2005, 10:07 AM
OK, total cost is about $50

The upgrade to enable 7mph locking was about $25, and labor was charged at 3/10 which was another $25

Al