PDA

View Full Version : Took the Plunge!

VSHVolvo
11-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, despite all the collective groanings on this board, it seems that most people here are pretty passionate about their XC's. So since my 1990 760 turbo wagon died, I went to the dealer and picked up a Certified Pre-owned 2001 V70XC wagon. It has 56,000 miles on it and is in very nice shape. It was a lease return -- brought in last week. I have all the service records as it was serviced at the dealership I bought it from. No major problems -- a few electrical glitches here and there. No mechanical meltdowns.

I looked at the ETM and it is the original with white sticker, so that may be a potential issue...will my CPO warranty cover that? It is in effect for 2 more years (or until I reach 100,000 miles)

So, anything i should be especially wary about? Should I have waited for a 2002 to come on the lot? What about software -- do they update it when it goes in for service or do I need to ask them to look for updates? I am a bit bummed that the car is only a few thouisand miles from a major (60,000mi) service, but overall I am very pleased about the purchase. I'm glad this resource is here!

griso4r
11-10-2005, 01:11 AM
unfortunately i cannot solve your doubts but, even if i'm a junior member too, i just wanted to welcome you in this nice community.
enjoy your xc!

John@CdnRockies
11-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Welcome aboard and hope the new rig works to your satisfaction. Vadis software updates are generally a C$75 charge. The first update is generally free of charge for new cars, so you may ask for similar treatment.

John