PDA

View Full Version : Plastic rattle

ADingwall
04-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Hello, My 01XC has developed a really annoying plastic soounding rattle.  It's most prevalent when going over bumps at relatively low speeds, under 40 mph.  It also seems worse when the car is in a left hand turn.  The rattle seems to be coming from somewhere on the drivers side of the car from the door forward, possibly even directly in front of the steering wheel.  The only thing I can find loose under the hood is the brake fluid resevoir.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Adam

coastal
04-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the site Adam!

I'm not familiar with a rattle in that area, the closest I could see pertaining to known issues would be the glove box and the sunroof.

Might want to have your dealer check the CV joint... might be packing it in prematurely. BTW, how many miles, what's the nature of your driving and where are you located? Will help in assessing this sort of thing. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

coastal
04-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Uppps.... just remembered I did indeed have a similar rattle about a year and a half ago.

Found the service paper and here's what was written:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Check and correct for rattles in driver&#39;s door? Rattles when driving on uneven pavement.

Cause: 23

76208 Replace driver&#39;s side stabilizer link

Parts:
1 x 78 WNEW
1 x 8634736 LINK
1 x 9133073 CLIP [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hope that helps&#33;