PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Clip - Front Windshield

Jonliv
11-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Not sure of the technical term :p

Its the plastic clip on the driver's side, you use if to hold toll slips, parking stubs, etc.

I recently had to change my windshield due to a rock that was spit up by a tractor trailer on the highway. :mad: :mad:

The installer of the new windshield was not able to get the clip to sitg where it was originally, they could not remove all the original adhesive.

I think I am out of luck, but I thought I would ask. Anything I can do to get the clip to work again? I know its a minor thing, but (1) comes in handy, (2) bugs me not having the car the way its was/supposed to be.

Any suggestions, help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance

John@CdnRockies
11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
No suggestions, but my windshield is due for replacement as well. I was always wondering whether they would be able to reinstall the clip - now I know the likely bad news. I will ask our local dealer whether they sell the clip separately.

John

Phrog
11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
I just put a new windshield in my 2001, and I still have my clip -
perhaps it's simply a matter of finding an installer who knows
how to retain the clip.

al_roethlisberger
11-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I just put a new windshield in my 2001, and I still have my clip -
perhaps it's simply a matter of finding an installer who knows
how to retain the clip.

I suspect you speak the truth ;)

al

RedXC
11-09-2005, 05:58 PM
I requested my dealer to check on the rattle on my clip. However, they couldnt remove it! So I guess Ill just change that with the crack windshield.

Jonliv
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Oh
the clip is still there, just doesn't push against the windshield as it did before

nwxc70
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I also had to get a new windshield due to the tremendous number of rocks commonly flying about the Seattle area freeways. I asked ahead about the clip and was told it would be fine. After having the new clip installed, I have noticed that it doesn't fit as tightly against the windshield as it originally did. So, I keep my Washington State Parks parking pass under the clip to tighten its fit against the glass.

Jonliv
11-15-2005, 08:18 AM
I also had to get a new windshield due to the tremendous number of rocks commonly flying about the Seattle area freeways. I asked ahead about the clip and was told it would be fine. After having the new clip installed, I have noticed that it doesn't fit as tightly against the windshield as it originally did. So, I keep my Washington State Parks parking pass under the clip to tighten its fit against the glass.

Great idea....

Thanks!!