PDA

View Full Version : Looking for service manual and service info

dilkens
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I just bought a 2001 Volvo XC70 on Ebay from North Carolina. I drove it back to Ontario and it was a great experience! The car has 44,000 miles on it and it is very clean and seems to run well. I am trying to find a service manual for the car so that I can do some of the minor repairs (as needed) myself. I am also wondering if there is a source that lists what service should be done at different mileage levels. My manual tells me that it should be serviced at various mileage levels but doesn't say what should be done. I would like to know so that I can do some of the work myself if possible!
Help!
Drew

pico de luuks
10-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi Drew,

Check out the volvocars.com site and go to the owners section: this link (http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/2001/2001_warranty/warranty_04.html#53) will give you most of the info you need, but it is rather generic. Hope this helps.

DonWillson
10-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I just bought a 2001 Volvo XC70 on Ebay from North Carolina. I drove it back to Ontario and it was a great experience! The car has 44,000 miles on it and it is very clean and seems to run well. I am trying to find a service manual for the car so that I can do some of the minor repairs (as needed) myself. I am also wondering if there is a source that lists what service should be done at different mileage levels. My manual tells me that it should be serviced at various mileage levels but doesn't say what should be done. I would like to know so that I can do some of the work myself if possible!
Help!
Drew
From the Volvo web site you can get the maintenance schedule. Also, from alldata.com you can buy a subscription for the service manuals. It used to be that you could buy the CD but now it is an annual on line subscription fo $25 per year. That is still cheaper than the $200 plus that I spent for hard copy manuals for my 1985 740..
For that car you can buy the VADIS disk from Volvo but it is expensive

Jack
10-28-2005, 02:43 PM
For that car you can buy the VADIS disk from Volvo but it is expensive
You can also buy the VADIS disk on eBay but technically it is probably not legal.