PDA

View Full Version : New XC owner here

Snug
10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Well I did it. We had a 96 Land Rover Discovery that was killing us with gas. We sold it and found a very nice 02 XC. It just seems to hug you when you are driving it.
My wife is deployed so she wont see it until Feb 06. I think she will be very pleased.

Doug

VolvoVoom
10-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Congratulations! You have made an excellent choice!

We are also new owners of a new 2005 leftover that we found at a local dealer and bought last night! They made us a great price of $35,300 on a $42,700 MSRP vehicle. :D

Art
10-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Welcome and congrats Snug! :)

Couldn’t help but notice your post in the classifieds. Despite the lack of response, did it help you, in any way, elicit a buy source? Just curious.

I’m quite certain that you’ll find the XC a step up from the Disco in many ways other than just saving on fuel costs. A minor thing like car topping accessories will suddenly become much easier particularly if you’re vertically challenged like me. ;)

If you’re in need of a set of snow treads for those wintery Alaskan months, don’t forget to check out some of the tire threads here in the forum. They’ve been a great resource for many members and will likely continue to be. http://volvoxc.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

John@CdnRockies
10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Welcome aboard folks. Always nice to see new participants on the board.

Our '04 was a first time Volvo buy for us and we have been mightily pleased with it thus far. Hope your rigs serve you equally as well.

John

Snug
10-25-2005, 08:21 PM
I have been reading so many posts ove the past few weeks here. I know some have issues with the car, but I see that will all cars and all message boards. After reading all the good and bad, I still felt this would be the best car for our family.
Thanks for all the info provided. This is a great site.

RedXC
10-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Cool you have 2002 XC too!!! What color, options? welcome to the board!