PDA

View Full Version : Ink Stains on Leather Seats

tgrumaj
10-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Well we're back from Nova Scotia (very nice place and wonderful people) but with a bit of a problem. Somewhere along the way a printed brochure we had put on the back seat got a bit wet and bled blue ink on the rear leather seat. By the time we found it after unloading the car it was dried on. It appears to be permanently "inprinted" in the seat. I've tried Leaterique Pristine clean and other leather cleaners I have....even tried some "Shout" stain cleaner...nothing budges the stain.

The seats are the light Taupe color so the blue stain shows....this is when black would have been nice..oh well.

Any suggestions on how to get this out from the "team" out there?
Thanks

littlewaywelt
10-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Well we're back from Nova Scotia (very nice place and wonderful people) but with a bit of a problem. Somewhere along the way a printed brochure we had put on the back seat got a bit wet and bled blue ink on the rear leather seat. By the time we found it after unloading the car it was dried on. It appears to be permanently "inprinted" in the seat. I've tried Leaterique Pristine clean and other leather cleaners I have....even tried some "Shout" stain cleaner...nothing budges the stain.

The seats are the light Taupe color so the blue stain shows....this is when black would have been nice..oh well.

Any suggestions on how to get this out from the "team" out there?
Thanks
hairspray and a little elbow grease removes permanent marker if it's still reasonably fresh. It works pretty well on ink, too. It shouldn't harm the leather so long as you wipe it off with a damp rag afterwards.

tgrumaj
10-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.