PDA

View Full Version : Change blub exterior rear mirror

ronraven
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Sometimes called puddle lights, how do I change out a bad blub? The lens under the mirror does not seem to have a screw holding it in place. See no other fastners to otherwise gain access. Going after "position light" blub next thanks to this forum.
Ron 01 V70XC

Art
08-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Ron,

Instructions on how to remove the door mirror ground light are as follows:

http://volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/XC%20Side%20Mirror%20Light.jpg

* Angle the mirror glass upwards/outwards
* Insert a screwdriver in the opening and press in the catch to release the lighting
* Twist the bulb holder free. Disconnect the bulb.

Installation

Lamp and bulb assembly

* Install the bulb
* Insert the bulb holder and press into place.

barrysharp
08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Ron,

Instructions on how to remove the door mirror ground light are as follows:

...snip...

Hey Art - :) thanks for that as I never knew that was the trick. Will remember this when my door mirror bulb blows out.

Raynald
08-09-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm still amazed each time! Art, buddy, how resourceful you are ! Thanks. http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Art
08-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear that guys. First time I’ve had to dig this one out as I don’t seem to recall reading any threads (other than this one) relating to the puddle lights burning out. :)

cooksjohn
11-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi guys,

I had one of my door mirror ground lights go out, so I followed the below instructions and pulled out the bulb and tested it to see if it was bad or not by using a multi-meter; it checked out ok so I put it into the working mirror’s socket to see whether it somehow was the socket and not the bulb, it didn’t work in that one either and now the previously working mirror light doesn’t work. Also when I test the sockets with my multi-meter they don’t show any voltage. Any ideas?

ronraven
11-24-2005, 12:12 PM
My right hand mirror lamp was out so I pulled the mirror and replaced the bulb...still did not work. Looking further I noticed the back and fore movement of the mirror had pulled (broken) the +12v wire out of the assembly. I spliced it back in.

You may have already check fuses right? Fuse box (inside the car) location #35 and #36 are for mirror lights but they also service your door locks and defroster.

Ron Swinhart