PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip went great (almost)

XCSwedie
07-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, I just got back from a trip from Baltimore and back, and saw some sights. My family and I had fun. The car was great (the AC was awesome) for the whole trip.

I have 40,000 miles on my car, and have not had one problem (minus rubber stripping falling off) until not.

1. The light that lights up the radio is now completely dead. For the past month, at startup it would flicker a little bit, then come on. It has been getting worse until now. (completely dead :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Is the radio light intergrated into the radio or is it seperate? I think I may getting a new radio for this :cool: .

2. I think I am having a tranny problem (the "flaring"); if I come off the gas and am coasting, then re-apply the throttle, the car would feel like it is in a low gear, then shift up pretty. It is kinda a headbobbing action. That happened twice. Also, when merging on the highway, right before the car shifts, it feels like it downshifts for a second, then shifts. Almost like in a manual car if you apply the gas before lifting the clutch when shifting.

3. Driver window squeaks when going down. I narrowed it down to the rubber around the bottom of the window. (No big deal)

Bluegrass-XC
07-26-2005, 08:39 PM
For the most part it sounds like the trip went well! Glad you had fun.

Without going into too much detail (it's late -for me) it appears that there's way too many gremlins on you 2004 then there should be at 40,000 miles - BUT - that's a lot of miles for a '04! My '00 just turned over 70K. You probably need to list all of the problems - it detail - and present them to the dealer during your next service trip.

XCSwedie
07-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Well the first two problems I consider "problems." You can't use the radio at night!!! We'll see if updated software fixes the tranny, but I only have 10,000 miles left on the warranty to test.

The last one and the rubber stripping falling off I consider very little, minor things.

My wife and I love the car to death, though. You should see the service records of my 97 Jeep. Between ball joints, sway bars, rear diffs, tranny, brakes warping, all before 40,000 miles, this car is a gift.

jkochis
07-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I had the flaring issue on my '04 after long road trips. They did a Vadis update and just took a long trip and no sign of it at all...

XCSwedie
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I had the flaring issue on my '04 after long road trips. They did a Vadis update and just took a long trip and no sign of it at all...

How bad was the flaring? How many miles did you have on your car when it happened?

I read the real cause that the TCM malunctioned because of a worn pentometer (something like that)

Can someone shed some light on what looks to be like a real problem...

jkochis
07-28-2005, 03:55 AM
Around 10k miles. It only happend after long periods 2-3+ hrs of highway driving. Then when I started off it would slip between 1-2nd and 2-3rd depending.... all they did was update vadis software for transmission and I haven't noticed this since.