PDA

View Full Version : Difference in colour output from Xenon's

KILOFINAL
06-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I picked up my 2005 XC70 Titianium Edition this week. The V70 I traded did not have xenon's. I noticed at night, that the passenger side xenon threw out a yellow beam compared to the driver side. I took the car to the dealer yesterday and they swapped out the right side bulb with one from a demo. Sure enough, the light was much whiter. They have now ordered two news xenon bulbs and will replace the original bulbs that came with the car. I have read that people do not like the xenon's on the xc70's, but having come from a 2004 V70 with halogen's, I prefer the xenon's performance. regards.

Jack
06-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Kilo,

Did you adjust them up or were you happy with the aim?

How are the high beams, that seems to be the main complaint (after being adjusted)

thx!

jack

KILOFINAL
06-13-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi Jack,

Funny you would mention the aim of the xenon. Let me make a quick comment. Last year, I was looking at either getting a 2004 V70 2.5T demo w/xenon's or a 2004 V70SE which was still in shipping. I took the 2.5T out on some unlit roads and had a very unconfortable feeling. The beam cutoff was so severe and abrupt that I couldn't see anything beyond 10 feet!

Needless to say, I took the non-xenon V70. Fast forward to two weeks ago -I took an 05 XC70 w/xenon's and they were great! I have not had the need to use the high beams since the low beams work so well. I did not have to adjust the aim of the bulbs. I suspect that the 04 I drove last year just needed an adjustment. Everything is working well on the 05. In fact, I prefer not to turn on the fogs, since they just give off a "yellow" beam and do not significantly enhance the xenon lighting. Regards