PDA

View Full Version : Front End Vibration

2001XCER
05-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Need Help!! Bought a used 2001 V70XC with 50K miles. Between speeds of 40mph-80mph there is a very LOUD vibration from the front...seems to be loudest at 70 mph and loud when we are curving left. The dealer checked the engine mounts (replaced one) and the alignment...said it was the tires... we put new tires on and the noise is stil there!!!!

I'm reading about starting bearings and bent rims...any thoughts on what this can be? I am taking the car in this week and will drive with a tech, but I've already put $1000 in this car and thinking I bought a "lemon".

Any help and advice would be appreciated!!!! Thanks We are a volvo family and love them...this is our first XC and just scared!!!

2001XCER
05-28-2005, 07:09 PM
oh, by the way...GREAT WEB SITE!!! Good information!!! Thanks!

BillAileo
05-29-2005, 03:07 AM
If you suspect the rims, you could rotate the front wheels to the rear and see if anything changes....

Bill

XC70Geo
05-29-2005, 05:47 AM
It is possibly the front wheel hub, if it comes on left turns, then the right one (that has more pressure on it). The suspension was hit, and the surface of the hub is damaged (not smooth) and this gives the vibration.

slowflyer
05-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Another possibility is suspension rods. I have, at different times, had to replace both the front and the rear rods -- the rear specifically because of highway vibration. They were expensive and seem small for this weight car (realizing that I know NOTHING about suspension.) The vibration went away after they were replaced.

Our vibrations did not change with direction, though.