PDA

View Full Version : 3rd row seat

GoMocs
05-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Does anyone have one they never use they might like to sell? I need s light tan or sand. I have looked everywhere.

XC70 fan
05-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Have you really looked everywhere?

Check this website. http://volvo.autowebaccessories.com/

How about Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7976208331&category=33701&sspagename=WDVW

Some may know of other places that sells them.

Does anyone have one they never use they might like to sell? I need s light tan or sand. I have looked everywhere.

GoMocs
05-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info. I have been watching Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen much as far as seating for my 2001. I guess you have to keep watching or buy new. I have found several on the internet new . Fortunatly I do have time to find a used one. Thanks again.

XC70 fan
05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Were you planning on installing it yourself? It doesn't seem that difficult except maybe the seatbelts. Also, when installing the 3rd row seat, the dealer installs a lock and latch so the passenger can open the door from the inside. Probably required by law and it's a good idea for safety also. This may be tricky, but I don't know for sure since I had the dealer installed it. This lock and latch is sold separately.

GoMocs
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I have a friend in the body shop business who is willing to help. He does dealer repairs for our local dealership. Alot of people won't touch a 3rd seat install due to the liability.
You have a good point about the inside latch, thanks. I need to ask him about that. He offered to get me a seat at his cost but they still wanted close to $900.00.

littlewaywelt
05-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Were you planning on installing it yourself? It doesn't seem that difficult except maybe the seatbelts. Also, when installing the 3rd row seat, the dealer installs a lock and latch so the passenger can open the door from the inside. Probably required by law and it's a good idea for safety also. This may be tricky, but I don't know for sure since I had the dealer installed it. This lock and latch is sold separately.
There is also a key lock core installed by the dealer or volvo. It sits vertically next to the light that lights up the license plate and is covered by a rubber plug.