PDA

View Full Version : Installing Thermal Cooler Box

SYS
05-10-2005, 02:33 PM
I searched this forum on this topic, but I do not have the following information:

After removing the middle seat in the rear where the thermal cooler goes in, I found that the cooler had a very tight fit. I was able to "lock" in the back portion to the metal bar, but no matter what I do, the red plastic locking devices in the front seem to just "hang" about a cm from the metal hooks rather than a tight "lock." I'm wondering whether this is the way it suppose to be, i.e., somewhat hanging rather than a tight fit between the red plastic and the metal hooks?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

AWD*V70XC
05-10-2005, 02:38 PM
HA HA, go back and ask the sales guy how it fits in ;) , as he DID say he had one and I am sure he will be able to give you a quick demo. Then you could drop in the line about 'what dogs did you say you had?' :D

There is more than one way to skin this cat.

I thought there was a photo section on how to install the box where someone had done a pic by pic shot of how it clips in, can't remember which thread it was though.

SYS
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Pictures in the old archives are gone.

Oh, I've been tempted to drop him a call and ask how he's enjoying the brand new cooler right out of the box. :D

barrysharp
05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
The red T-shaped toggle bars just snap in - some force may be required and the angled access to these toggle bars tests one's patience. I find one is easily snapped in whereas the other is a real dog!

I find they are easier to snap in than to un-snap them - especially using my delicate fingers. ;)

SYS
05-11-2005, 06:00 AM
The red T-shaped toggle bars just snap in - some force may be required and the angled access to these toggle bars tests one's patience. I find one is easily snapped in whereas the other is a real dog!

I find they are easier to snap in than to un-snap them - especially using my delicate fingers. ;)

This answers my suspicion that the red toggle bars I got on my used cooler box are incompatible with the metal hooks on my 2005 XC70. The red plastic that suppose to snap in is a bit too thin for the metal hook. The plastic part goes into the hook with no problem. But because it's a bit too thin, it won't snap in as it's designed. It just comes down loose and hangs.

What I'll do is to simply swap the red toggle bars that came with the used cooler box with the ones that came with the "20" (middle) seat, since I cannot make the use of both at the same time.

Thanks for the information, Barry.

Cheers