PDA

View Full Version : X50 Is Alive !!

Soft
05-07-2005, 06:24 AM
I just got info re. the new X50...

It will be based uppon the current V50, and have the new Haldex...

TrueBlue
05-07-2005, 10:16 AM
So a bit like the V50 T5 then - but on stilts, or perhaps crutches??

Soft
05-08-2005, 12:12 AM
And with the cladding, as on the xc70

And the XC70 continues, even after they swap for the new base.

mwwerf
05-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Do you have any introduction date? Will it be next year already or do we have to wait till 2007? There are so many rumours around this car, does it come, doesn't it and when...

skibo
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
soft -

so, how do you know this? what is your source?

Low Tide
05-17-2005, 05:08 PM
How do we know the source? Volvo is quoted direct.

REPEAT:

...There is a XC50 blurb in the May 2005 issue of Motor Trend Magazine that says the XC50 launch has been scheduled for 2007.

The new Land Rover Freelander, which is based on the XC50 Platform will be available in 2006.

The delay in the release of the XC50, according to Volvo, is due to the current anti-SUV backlash among buyers in the EU.

philosophicaldreamer
05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
The delay in the release of the XC50, according to Volvo, is due to the current anti-SUV backlash among buyers in the EU.

I hope we follow soon with our own backlash against SUVs. What I don't understand is why this backlash would delay the release of XC50, since XC50 is a stationwagon and not an SUV.

Ta-ta, janusz

lvmopt
06-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Since the presumed MPG will be better, I think Volvo will sell more of these than XCX 90's. I don't need space for seven. I for one would order one today and trade in my 05 Ford Escape.

AWD*V70XC
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Although not XC related but it does show one Volvo department is working and might be helping others in the group. Could it soon be in the car division of Volvo.

The Volvo Group has rolled out a truck equipped with a DME-powered engine. DME (dimethylether) is an LPG-like fuel that can be produced from biomass and residual products from paper pulp production.
DME is a fuel that at relatively low pressure becomes a liquid. DME is produced through gasification of various renewable substances or fossil fuels. The gas that is formed, synthetic gas, is then catalysed to produce DME.

The truck was unveiled in conjunction with the conference on biofuels, Synbios, which took place in Stockholm May 18 to 20.

"DME offers major benefits environmentally and we believe that DME can be an excellent fuel for commercial transports," says Leif Johansson, Volvo's CEO.

The vehicle is a standard Volvo FM model equipped with a 9-litre diesel engine adapted to operate on DME. Volvos studies have shown that DME has the potential to become a competitive alternative to fossil fuels. One of the most significant arguments for DME is that today it is the alternative fuel with the highest energy efficiency and among the lowest in emissions of carbon dioxide and particles.

"We know that in 20 years, alternative fuels will successively become increasingly commercially viable," says Volvo CEO Leif Johansson. "Energy efficiency will become decisive and DME is truly an energy efficient fuel. A result of this energy efficiency is lower environmental impact and reduced operating costs."

Filibuster
06-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Although not XC related but it does show one Volvo department is working and might be helping others in the group. Could it soon be in the car division of Volvo.

Forget that! Volvo Car Corporation is owned by Ford and 100% independent from Volvo AB