PDA

View Full Version : Alarm arming alert????

Old Racer
05-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I am the definition of a newbie.... I bought my (slightly used) 2004 today. It has not yet been delivered from the dealership.

I have a quick question..... in many vehicles with factory alarms, there is an option for the alarm to 'chirp' when it is armed. The Owners Manual does not seem to cover this, and the vehicle does not do it currently.

Can it be programmed to chirp?

Many thanks

barrysharp
05-01-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Volvo does provide this feature. This has been asked about in the past and I'm quite sure nobody has indicated it can be done. Just the 4-way emergency flashers will flash once when alarm system armed - that's it I'm afraid. Personally, I like it this way.

bob
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
No chirp can be programmed to the factory alarm. The only options are flashing lights. You can have flash at lock, flash at unlock, or both.

budrichard
05-04-2005, 09:38 AM
To avoid noise pollution, only the lights flash when the alarm is set. The chirp or horn is a cheaper way to show the alarm is armed. Personally I am sick and tired of every piece of apparatus I purchase beeping at me! I disarm those that I can. -Dick