PDA

View Full Version : Battery Replacement

River Runner
04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I had my 2001 V70 XC in getting new tires and an alignment a couple of weeks ago at my local mechanics. When I got it home the garage door opener and sunroof didn’t work. Apparently, while he was doing the alignment the battery drained with the door being left open and needed to be jump started. I had sensed that the battery was starting to get weak, so I wasn’t overly surprised. The mechanic called Volvo to see how to reset the computer and they told him it had to be taken into the dealer to have them reset the computer. They said this would fix both problems and “some other things”. After driving for a couple of days everything started working again and I “forgot” about the battery. After our recent snow my wife decided she needed one more powder day this winter. It was then that it became obvious that my procrastination involving replacing the battery had ended.

I know there are some vehicles out there that do need the computer reprogrammed by the dealer after disconnecting the battery. Is the XC one of them? I’ve searched past posts and haven’t found anything. I would be surprised if Volvo did such a thing.

Thanks

Desertxc
04-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I replaced the battery in my MY01 xc and had no problems with the computer. Nothing needed to be rest. So I dont know what they are talking about unless its getting your money. Battery is very easy to replace, infact the tool you need is in the tool kit with the spare tire.

River Runner
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Thats what I suspected.

Thanks