PDA

View Full Version : Speed Limiter

s_donley
03-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi All,

Just picked up my XC-90 V8 on Monday. Anyone out there know how to get the speed limiter removed? Got out on the autoban, hit the gas and it would not go past 120mph :mad: Other than that this is such a sweet car!!!

kaos1972
03-25-2005, 07:05 AM
I pick-up my XC90 V8 here in Wuerzburg next month and I'm looking at the same thing.

The only way I am aware of to remove the "governer" is through an ECU upgrade. Hopefully, IPD or Engstrom should have one for the V-8 soon.

s_donley
03-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Talking to Capitol Motors here in K-Town they are telling me it is just a software update that any real volvo dealership can do it.

kaos1972
03-25-2005, 03:31 PM
That sounds even better! :D Let us know if you get it done & how it goes! I may have to take a trip down there when I get mine.

Bobalouie3
04-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey Kaos, good to see you posting over here as well. I'm also interested in any updates you guys find on the speed limiter, although I thought the limit speed was 130 mph? Maybe that's just for the V8?

s_donley
04-20-2005, 12:15 AM
I have the V8 trust me the top is 120

Bobalouie3
04-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Bummer, something else to bring up at the FDC...

kaos1972
04-20-2005, 12:37 AM
I have a couple places here that I will talk to & see what can be done once I get mine.....It's definitely high on my list (along with step bars, sway bars, & wood trim kit). I'll come back and post my results here if you don't come up with something first.

Unortunately, I'm not sure when my car will be here (maybe by 15 May?)....my salesman is great until he gets your money and then you never hear from him again and can't get him to return any phone calls. It's very frustrating because I originally placed my deposit in Feb 2004 (Yes, 14 months ago!) and paid the balance over a month ago.......and still no car yet!:mad:

Bobalouie3
04-20-2005, 12:40 AM
:eek: 14 months ago?!? That's nuts. We placed our order a week ago and ours will be ready 2 June. Is your wait due to wanting the V8?

kaos1972
04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes....originally ordered the T6 for Nov delivery then changed it in OCT when pricing was released for the V8 models. I got the first build date (other than the demo) for the Wuerzburg sales office.....I just didn't know it would be so late. I was told my order was the first confirmed order for a V8 from Volvo HQ.....I guess I was just in the wrong place......should've been in K-town I guess.

Bobalouie3
04-20-2005, 12:58 AM
From all that I've read, wise choice on the V8 over the T6. When we went in to order ours, we were originally looking at the T6 as well. Providence was looking down on us because they only had one T6 left and it didn't have what we wanted. We ended up getting the last (according to our rep) Military Sales V8 build slot. From test driving the V8 and T6 plus what I've read on the various forums, I'm very happy that we've got the V8 version on it's way.

Now, to get that pesky speed limiter disabled...

s_donley
04-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Yes....originally ordered the T6 for Nov delivery then changed it in OCT when pricing was released for the V8 models. I got the first build date (other than the demo) for the Wuerzburg sales office.....I just didn't know it would be so late. I was told my order was the first confirmed order for a V8 from Volvo HQ.....I guess I was just in the wrong place......should've been in K-town I guess.

I waited for over 22 months. When I first ordered it in June 2003 there was a 14 month wait! I told them just to hold the paperwork until the 2005 list came down since it was only an extra month or two. Then I ended up going to Iraq so told them to put a hold on it until I got back in May 2005. Volvo sent me an e-mail in Oct about the V-8 and I sent it to Capitol Motors saying hey this is what I want!!! :) They did not even know anything about it yet! I ended up paying the balance off in Feb. and was sent home in the middle of March. My V8 was on the same truck as the German Volvo dealership. I even got my XC-90 before Capitol Motors in K-Town got theirs. In fact when they had there grand opening showing off the V-8 they had me there so they could use mine to use as a show vehical :D

Bobalouie3
04-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Most excellent! :cool: