PDA

View Full Version : Block heater installation V70XC

Vwvolvo
03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I would like to know if anyone has installed a block heater on a V70XC. I want to know if it's a difficult job or does it have to be installed by a dealer. I've never experienced any problems starting the car but it would give it a break when very cold. If the answer is yes, are there any pictures of where to put it and how.

thanks

Luc
Montreal, Canada

Chikkart
03-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi there,

Is this a petrol or diesel XC you have? If it is the diesel version I could probably fix you some pictures of how I have installed the Defa (http://www.defa.com/heating.php3?lang=3) WarmUp electrical block heater (keep in mind that the Defa version is an oil heater - meaning that it attaches to the oil pan instead of directly into the cooling fluid). This said, it was VERY easy to install. If this is what you are looking for, let me know :)

Vwvolvo
03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
I love diesels but unfortunately here in Canada, the only diesel cars available are VWs wich I currently am at my 6th Jetta. Unfortunately I would love a diesel XC but not available. I did have once the oil heater installed on my first car. It was a 1986 Renault 5. Also I was looking more at the heater that goes into the cooling system.

Regards

Luc
Montreal, Canada