PDA

View Full Version : New Colours

AWD*V70XC
02-26-2005, 07:10 AM
I think I like this colour, but it looks more like a R colour rather than a XC colour, but would I order it in my new car :confused: mmmmmmm.

http://www.xc70.com/pics/albums/userpics/inscription/inscription_s60_v70_royal_blue_offblack_inscriptio n_leather_offblack_interior_dh7h.jpg

More choices here http://www.volvoxc.com/news/display.php?subaction=showfull&id=1108593024&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1& and here http://www.xc70.com/pics/thumbnails.php?album=246&page=1&sort=da

XC70Geo
02-26-2005, 10:40 AM
IMHO it's wonderful. The blue/black is the best choice. Could you find the matching dashboard color? The exterior would be ocean blue?

CrazyTiger
02-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Personal choice I guess....

But you have kids...a darker colour would be a better choice...easy to maintain n even if there are stains on it...it cannot be seen easily. :)

TrueBlue
02-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Gosh, Yes - even I like that, especially as Volvos current exterior colours are (in the main) decidely Boring.

FWIW I had a V70 2.4T some time ago with light sand seats and charcoal interior; I hated it at first, but then realised it was most practical. When I traded it in the salesman said "interesting", but gave me a good price.

However, and this is where the story really starts, he had a devil of a job moving it; his cusatomers were not similarly enamoured.

There's no accounting for folks....

gary
02-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Sorry - this interior does nothing for me - I don't care for it. I prefer the "old, boring" colors :D. I am particularly fond of my taupe (oak in Europe) interiror. As stated earlier...personal choice.

TrueBlue
02-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Life gets boring and practicalwhen you get to more than 25..

Having saturated the market for traditional Volvo owners (i.e. well over 25), and exhausted the discerning motorist the like of which inhabit this web site, the company feel the need to attract the teeny-boppers with bright colours.

They can't do it with bright exterior colours because their environmentally friendly (*) water based paints can't do bright paints. So they "tanned the hide, Clyde, and there it is hanging on the shed" (with apologies to a certain three legged Australian gentleman)

* Actually the cost of disposing of nasty cellulose based paint waste products is so horrendous especially in Sweden, precludes the use of anything other than water based paints, just flush it down the loo...

Just thought it was time to be trendy, as I luuv my Volvo, I must be over the hill by definition

No disrespect, Gary, am coming to terms with my light sand interior (I do occasionally lust for my old polarctic blue with charcoal insides; oooh,oooh)

Thought For Today - "inside every XC** owner lurks a person who yearns for a V70R with 4C and a chipped engine (and I suspect a very supple spine and -24 points on his (UK) license)".

Never mind I'm of to (Rolls) Royce Motors on Wednesday to see how very aged persons manage...

(Some of the references and misquotes above are only understandable by Anglophiles, sorry)

birddog
02-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Some of my favourite Volvos of the past had red and blue leather seats in them. The dashes were all always black and (I thought) the contrast in colours was so "European" looking. :) I think Audi does an oxblood colour leather which I would LOVE with silver paint. :cool: .........like a vintage Mercedes Benz.

Raynald
02-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Taste, particularly in colours, is a very intricate matter indeed! :) Personally, I like blue very much for a car, but I wouldn't paint my bedroom Nautic Blue if you see what I mean... My XC's sand interior is quite nice for me because I like the fact that light colors inside a car make it roomier and brighter than dark colors. On the other hand, having said that, I would probably choose another color for my leather couch in my living room.

Many, many, many years ago ;) , I remember riding in a '72 Renault 17 (or was it a 15...) just like this one. It was bright fluo green with orange upholstery and bright yellow carpeting. What a mix !!!

http://www.allsportauto.com/photoautre3/renault/17/ts/1972_renault_17_ts_13_m.jpg

Anyway, bright, bold and mixed colours like the ones proposed by Volvo aren't bad at all, but I think that if you want to keep your car for many years, like I do, it may get out of style or boring nevertheless.