PDA

View Full Version : protection inlet ?

harry brauns
02-20-2005, 03:05 AM
I just ordered my XC 2005. One thing concerns me the big Inlet under the bumper. I see a danger that the radiator will damage. I saw somewhere that the installed a kind protection in that hole and I thought that I have seen it on one of these sites. Who knows more about this

XC-Fan
02-20-2005, 05:24 AM
Hi, you´re quit right ;-) There is a lot of mud in (especially after an offroad course) and the inlet is always full of snow after crossing snowy roads. Last year I even caught a small bird!!! You have to control that from time to time. But - till now there was no problem through that behaviour. I ask some friends on this topic - if I receive an usful answer, this will be posted here ...

Torsten - the XC-Fan (an still with that terrible English!)

XC70Geo
02-20-2005, 05:56 AM
You can see deails here (http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72&page=2&pp=10&highlight=mesh).

Unfortunately I have not seen any aftermarket parts, it's a Do It Yourself job, but not too complicated.

XC-Fan
02-20-2005, 06:12 AM
I just ordered my XC 2005. One thing concerns me the big Inlet under the bumper. I see a danger that the radiator will damage. I saw somewhere that the installed a kind protection in that hole and I thought that I have seen it on one of these sites. Who knows more about this

It´s not for a XC, but for the similar inlet at the S60 ...

harry brauns
02-20-2005, 07:57 AM
This is what I was looking for.
Thanks