PDA

View Full Version : another new topic idea

peterw2
02-18-2005, 10:51 AM
i'm sure someone's had this idea before, but i thought i should ask...

i would find a dealership sales and service ratings topic very helpful. i know swedespeed has similar information but it's not in forum format, which, i believe, encourages enriching discussion, opinions, and viewpoints.

like swedespeed, the category could be organized by country, state/province, and city with posters initiating threads on specific experiences at specific dealerships (whether it be sales or service related).

in the US, i frequently get calls post-service from volvo asking about my service experience and how i would rate various aspects of the experience on a scale from 1 to 10. this is, most likely, a third party that volvo has contracted to conduct these quality assurance/improvement surveys. who know what impact, if any, these surveys have on the dealerships. however, my belief in the power of the combined knowledge of all the members and volvo enthusiasts on this web site could, perhaps, drive business to those deserving of it and encourage others to rise to a higher level in customer service.

sorry for being long winded, but would like to hear what others think.

thanks.

AWD*V70XC
02-18-2005, 04:20 PM
peterw2 in a roundabout way this has been asked, if you go to the product review area or click here http://www.volvoxc.com/reviews/ you will see an area for dealerships.

The only problem we have about such an area is the come back in the form of litigation. While I crow this dealer is brilliant you will blab that he did you over etc etc and then the dealer will get all uppity and writs will fly and where will it all end.

The only thing you can do is post a good report about good dealerships (which on the whole do not belong to VOLVO, but are franchised out at a cost to the dealer) if you have a problem with a dealer you should in the first instance contact the General Manager of that dealership, voice your concerns and see if anything comes of it. If you get no joy from him you can then approach Volvo HQ for your region and complain to them and seek recompense against your local dealer. Your local dealer will not take to kindly to you going above his head as this will put, that dealership under investigation by VCC and any bad findings could lead to the Volvo dealership being withdrawn by VCC. Then if you want to make your complaint known publicly (which this site is open to public scrutiny) you can vent your anger in an appropriate posting.

I for one do not want to see this site withdrawn because someone spouted off their mouth about some wrongdoing at their local dealership, I am sure you have seen, this website has some of the most mildly mannered members every seen in the World, no flaming, no bad language, no losing of tempers and as Coastal has said, he has only had to bar one person from this site in all the years it has been going.

I think that has a lot to say about you, me and the rest of our fellow members, it is like having all of us around for dinner and a lovely evening after-wards, knowing that no one is going to start a fight in your front room.

Sorry for the long winded post, but please show your contributions in the product review area, and let your dealer know you are doing it as well, then he might offer you the respect of a knowledgeable Volvo owner with years of experience.

littlewaywelt
02-22-2005, 03:36 PM
peterw2 in a roundabout way this has been asked, if you go to the product review area or click here http://www.volvoxc.com/reviews/ you will see an area for dealerships.

The only problem we have about such an area is the come back in the form of litigation. While I crow this dealer is brilliant you will blab that he did you over etc etc and then the dealer will get all uppity and writs will fly and where will it all end.

The only thing you can do is post a good report about good dealerships (which on the whole do not belong to VOLVO, but are franchised out at a cost to the dealer) if you have a problem with a dealer you should in the first instance contact the General Manager of that dealership, voice your concerns and see if anything comes of it. If you get no joy from him you can then approach Volvo HQ for your region and complain to them and seek recompense against your local dealer. Your local dealer will not take to kindly to you going above his head as this will put, that dealership under investigation by VCC and any bad findings could lead to the Volvo dealership being withdrawn by VCC. Then if you want to make your complaint known publicly (which this site is open to public scrutiny) you can vent your anger in an appropriate posting.

I for one do not want to see this site withdrawn because someone spouted off their mouth about some wrongdoing at their local dealership, I am sure you have seen, this website has some of the most mildly mannered members every seen in the World, no flaming, no bad language, no losing of tempers and as Coastal has said, he has only had to bar one person from this site in all the years it has been going.

I think that has a lot to say about you, me and the rest of our fellow members, it is like having all of us around for dinner and a lovely evening after-wards, knowing that no one is going to start a fight in your front room.

Sorry for the long winded post, but please show your contributions in the product review area, and let your dealer know you are doing it as well, then he might offer you the respect of a knowledgeable Volvo owner with years of experience.

I disagree. If something borders or crosses the line on this website as libel, the moderator can take it down. It’s the duty of the poster to make sure that what he or she writes whether fact or opinion-based doesn’t cross the libel line.

If a dealer doesn’t support the customer, the customer has no obligation to go to the general manager to correct it and few complaints are the result of one action or inaction by a dealer. If the dealership does something wrong, why should people not hear about it? There is nothing wrong with properly worded commentary about poor service at a dealer or in the expression of negative opinions. What good is a review function if we only post the positive? That type of review is about as handy (sarcasm building) as the Volvo rating system where only a “10” is acceptable.

All the above notwithstanding I think it’s a non-issue here and since the cars are generally well made and since Volvo dealerships are generally going to provide satisfactory service and since the people who frequent this board are extremely civil and polite. So long as words are carefully chosen it's a non-issue.