PDA

View Full Version : Low Beam "Warranty Issue"

cbob
02-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Just had a driver's side low beam headlight go out at 57k km. Needed a quick replacement, as I wil have to negotiate the infamous "C2 sky" this weekend so stopped in at my local dealer.
Not only did they quickly replace the lamp while I waited, but they did it for free because it was a "warranty issue".
I'm happy with that, but didn't know that headlights were covered under the warranty. :cool:

One should check before going out and buying the lamp and doing the work themselves.

XC70Geo
02-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm sure it is not covered by warranty. You have a good local dealer, who likes happy customers.

Quietlymknnoise
02-12-2005, 10:46 AM
All the light bulbs are covered under warrenty.

AWD*V70XC
02-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Under certain warranty packages they are. I have even had the indicator side lights replaced under warranty, as they keep on being broken in the car wash, and at 40 pounds a shot I am glad I don't have to pay for them to often.

hrd_rok
02-13-2005, 05:04 PM
i too replaced a burnt low at 50K too find out from the dealer that it would have been a warranty item,

but on that note i replaced them with PIAA's which are noticeably brighter in no light areas.

h_r

i just realized i've had this rig 2 years this weekend. Maybe i'll have a birthday party.

Art
02-14-2005, 01:37 AM
All of our bulbs were also covered by the new car warranty. In fact, just prior to our warranty expiring, the dealer was good enough to stick a couple of spare H7's in the glove box. :)