PDA

View Full Version : 2001 XC70 Mirror Motor

RacerXS
02-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase a used 2001 XC70 drivers side mirror motor? The dealer wants $250- for it! I looked on E-bay & did a Google search to no Avail...............

Thanks

cetaft
02-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase a used 2001 XC70 drivers side mirror motor? The dealer wants $250- for it! I looked on E-bay & did a Google search to no Avail............... Thanks

Have you looked through the eBay "completed" auctions for that part? (Perhaps a guy didn't sell his & still has it available?)

If that doesn't work, and you don't need the mirror immediately, you could set up a "favorite search" on eBay & check it daily to see if the part becomes available.

Also, have you tried local and not-too-distant junk yards?

Good luck!

XCS
02-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Have you tried some local salvage yards or salvage yards on the internet? Broken Volvos often go to the same recyclers as other cars.

I did a google search and found this http://www.volvosaabparts.com/new_arrivals/040466.html It definetly has a passenger side mirror.

Hope it's of some help.

birddog
02-06-2005, 05:56 AM
Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase a used 2001 XC70 drivers side mirror motor? The dealer wants $250- for it! I looked on E-bay & did a Google search to no Avail...............

Thanks

Volvopartsonline.com is supposedly a good resource.

RacerXS
02-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the good Ideas & leads guys. Much appreciated.

philosophicaldreamer
02-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Have you tried some local salvage yards or salvage yards on the internet? Broken Volvos often go to the same recyclers as other cars.

I did a google search and found this http://www.volvosaabparts.com/new_arrivals/040466.html It definetly has a passenger side mirror.

Hope it's of some help.

Broke my heart to see this beautiful Ocean Racer totaled. :( What a shame for Volvo with 26K to die like that.

Ta-ta, j.

Art
02-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I have to agree that it’s painful to see that VOR in the dismantling yard. :( On the other hand, nice to know that it’s going to be providing some current owners a less costly alternative to sourcing out viable parts. :)

Those aluminum door inserts certainly look intact enough. :)

birddog
02-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Broke my heart to see this beautiful Ocean Racer totaled. :( What a shame for Volvo with 26K to die like that.

Ta-ta, j.

Looks like she served her purpose, still a bit gut-wrenching though. :(