PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Navigation System

WillysVulva
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I just got an 01 XC with the GPS system. Seems to work sometimes, though cant read the disk at times. The disk looks like it was a pirated copy, without any Volvo logo, etc. I want get a new updated disk for the NE/Mid-Atlantic states. Anyone know where to get this? Anyone else have issues with no--read on their map disk? I have heard condensation from temp changes can affect it, though this one craps out with no good reason I want to replace it. Thanks for help in advance.
Willy

littlewaywelt
02-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I just got an 01 XC with the GPS system. Seems to work sometimes, though cant read the disk at times. The disk looks like it was a pirated copy, without any Volvo logo, etc. I want get a new updated disk for the NE/Mid-Atlantic states. Anyone know where to get this? Anyone else have issues with no--read on their map disk? I have heard condensation from temp changes can affect it, though this one craps out with no good reason I want to replace it. Thanks for help in advance.
Willy
Your dealership can get you a new dvd for $150-200. Your car should have come with the real disc so I can't imagine it's pirated. I would suggest you see if it's still warrantied before ordering a new disc. The next dvd version (2005.1) will be out sometime in July. I am selling an extra 2004.1 version for $100. let me know if you're interested. It's original and in the box and I have read it has more utility than the earlier versions in terms of colors and roads. For details check out the For Sale section. I don't think either of mine say "volvo" but I'll have to look. The disks are done by Navtek.

Soft
02-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Just to remind u, the 01XC came with a CD drive, and NOT a DVD drive :-)

WillysVulva
02-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I have a Cd. I guess I'll check with the dealer. Anyone have condensation issues affecting disk read?