PDA

View Full Version : photo XC70 Ruby red

harryy brauns
01-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I just ordered my new XC70. Ruby red Pearl. I was looking for a nice photo in this color but nu success. Who can provide me a nice picture from a Ruby Red XC70 2005

TrueBlue
01-29-2005, 03:40 AM
Here you go Harryy, what colour would you like it to be?? Digital pictures don't necessarily give an accurate rendition of the colour, which in any case is somewhat chamelion like dependant on the lighting conditions.

I like the picture below of the XC70 on a stand - absolutely scrummy, bit it didn't really look like that!

The first two are previously stolen from the picture gallery above, where you will get a beter view as the images are larger.

harryy brauns
01-29-2005, 06:17 AM
Thaks Mike, I saw the color on a S80 but the color looks nice (I think ) on a XC70 too.

Harry

Willy
01-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi Harry,
Good choice, the ruby red is very nice (I believe classy it the right word). Once you have it, send us some pictures of the real thing please :)
Willy

tooberand
01-29-2005, 09:51 AM
I love my Ruby Red. I still need to post photos of mine. We're going up to the mountains this summer so I'll try and take some good ones there.

What interior color did you order? Mine is graphite but I also saw the beige and it looked very nice as well.

harry brauns
01-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Volvo friends,
Thank you for the reply. I ordered the ruby red with graphite interior.
My last two cars where passion red but the XC is not to order in that color,
but I hope it will be a nice color. As soon I have the car (beginning of March ), I can’t wait, I will place some photos on the net..
Harry

TrueBlue
01-29-2005, 12:06 PM
GO for the graphite, in Europe, (very much IMHO as colours are very personal choice issues). To my mind the red and black interior make the car very "sharp" - or is bling the right word nowadays. I say in Europe because I know the high sunlight levels in the US can "cook yer Bum" with a dark interior, but a light interior looks grubby quickly, and there is more likelyhood of reflections from the dash.

The one I lusted over was a D5 with charcoal interior, but the salesman wasn't interested in giving me another test drive. So I went and bought an Ash Gold petrol instead. It took the dealer two months to shift it - it seems nobody wanted my colour combination. Ho, Hum.

CrazyTiger
01-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi Harry, which version did you get? The 2.5T or D5? I would recommend you to get the DSTC install if it is not too late. Check out the thread on DSTC.
DSTC (http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5561)
I regretted not installing it when I first ordered my car. It factory fitted and once u took delivery of the car, you will not be bale to have it install. :)

arizonamike
01-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I must say that I have the Ruby Red and love it. When I bought the car I was going for the gold color but when I saw the red on the lot just had to have it. The more I see it the more I like. I have the sand beige interior and think it goes great with the red.

MD-Daddy
02-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't foget the spoiler!

Rozinante
02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
MD-Daddy, does the spoiler serve any useful function (other than cosmetic, which one might argue is quite useful)? Does it help keep the rear window clear of rain or dust?

Just wondering.

gary
02-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Rozinante,

I have the spoiler, and in my opinion, it is purely a cosmetic add-on. I find that it doesn't help keep the rear window any cleaner. What it does do though, is up the "coolness" factor of one awesome automobile! :)

MD-Daddy
02-08-2005, 07:41 PM
MD-Daddy, does the spoiler serve any useful function (other than cosmetic, which one might argue is quite useful)? Does it help keep the rear window clear of rain or dust?

Just wondering.

Sure it does... I believe it too. Especially o the days when the dust/rain/muck falls perfectly down to the earth. In my opinion today as an owner and maintainer, there is not a relationship between a clean rear window and a spoiler on the XC70. But its looks AWESOME!

As an aside, the brake light in the center is VERY (blinding) bright. This might be another reason...to annoy the tailgaters at night.

MDD

TrueBlue
02-09-2005, 02:58 AM
I'd disagree - a bit, but the difference is marginal - for me it seems to work(ish) at 70mph.

It's a bit like the rain sensing wipers; effectiveness is in the eye of the beholder.