PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured the Seat / Mirror Memory

hrd_rok
01-11-2005, 04:34 PM
at least it think so... for an 03 XC

does this make sense...

First, the seat settings by key fob are unrelated to the memory (1,2,3) when you exit the vehicle.

2 - The seat memory is set when you turn off the vehicle, NOT when you lock the vehicle.

I think the fact that the seats return to a preset position on door unlock has some (myself included) thinking that if unlock resets the seat / mirror >>> then lock must set seat.

just two cents on a topic that has been covered in the past.

i just fluked on to what was happening when i grabbed my wifes keys this am by mistake and thought i would pass it along

h_r

Raynald
01-11-2005, 06:11 PM
First, the seat settings by key fob are unrelated to the memory (1,2,3) when you exit the vehicle.Right!

The seat memory is set when you turn off the vehicle, NOT when you lock the vehicle.Right again!

I think the fact that the seats return to a preset position on door unlock has some (myself included) thinking that if unlock resets the seat / mirror >>> then lock must set seat.Actually, seat and mirror change position when you open the door. If you unlock but you don't open the door, they will lock themselves automatically after seven minutes and nothing would have moved. Brilliant! http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif