PDA

View Full Version : A-pillar blind spot

rhauptschein
01-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I’m a new owner of a used 01 XC70 and am adjusting to the front A-pillar blind spot. This seems more of an issue than older cars as these are now larger for reinforcement. I have previously driven an olde 85 Ford Country Squire wagon (woodie). I tend to sit at the highest position (I’m 6’0’’) in the XC70; not sure if that is a good thing - I noticed is that in the new aerodynamic cars the hood is sloped down versus straight across with center emblem so that also takes getting use to in order to define vehicle limits. I would like to hear folk's experience/advices....

01 XC70 Ice Blue, 7-seater
85 Ford Country Squire Beige Woody, V8
70 Chevy Malibu, Forest Green, V8

philosophicaldreamer
01-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I’m a new owner of a used 01 XC70 and am adjusting to the front A-pillar blind spot. This seems more of an issue than older cars as these are now larger for reinforcement. I have previously driven an olde 85 Ford Country Squire wagon (woodie). I tend to sit at the highest position (I’m 6’0’’) in the XC70; not sure if that is a good thing - I noticed is that in the new aerodynamic cars the hood is sloped down versus straight across with center emblem so that also takes getting use to in order to define vehicle limits. I would like to hear folk's experience/advices....

I also had to adjust myself to the A-pillar. However, blind spot mirror took care of my anxiety. ;)

Ta-ta, janusz

rhauptschein
01-12-2005, 08:02 AM
I also had to adjust myself to the A-pillar. However, blind spot mirror took care of my anxiety. ;)

Ta-ta, janusz

Are you referrring to the front A-pillar OR side B-pillar blind spot? If the former, what specific product are you suggesting. Thanks.