PDA

View Full Version : removing airbag stickers from cloth visors

littlewaywelt
01-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Can the airbag warning stickers be removed from the cloth visors?
It seems like it's laminated or something. Is there a product that will take them off?

Big
01-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Can the airbag warning stickers be removed from the cloth visors?
It seems like it's laminated or something. Is there a product that will take them off?
I asked this question some time ago and never got a good answer. The stickers seem permanent. I found that a hair-dryer will loosen them enough to peel off. Much patience is required and there is a faint outline of the sticker that will not go away.

The stickers on the plastic side of the visors are not so easy to remove. I just covered them with other decals of my choosing (a Swedish flag, for example).

Do European cars have these silly warning stickers everywhere or is that an American thing?

littlewaywelt
01-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I asked this question some time ago and never got a good answer. The stickers seem permanent. I found that a hair-dryer will loosen them enough to peel off. Much patience is required and there is a faint outline of the sticker that will not go away.

The stickers on the plastic side of the visors are not so easy to remove. I just covered them with other decals of my choosing (a Swedish flag, for example).

Do European cars have these silly warning stickers everywhere or is that an American thing?

...if I cover or remove the warning sticker can I still sue myself if I forget to put on a seatbelt and the airbag deploys?

Desertxc
01-07-2005, 01:17 PM
...if I cover or remove the warning sticker can I still sue myself if I forget to put on a seatbelt and the airbag deploys?

Only if you lived in California.

Dropje
01-07-2005, 04:49 PM
My december deliverd eurospecs MY05 has no visor stickers. Only one small airbag sticker on the passengerside dashboard.

barrysharp
01-07-2005, 08:30 PM
The stickers are a USA legal requirement. I'm surprised also that every cup holder doesn't have a sticker warning you against not spilling hot coffee on yourself whilst driving. :D ;)

I've peeled my stickers off my MY2003 XC70 without any difficulty. However, I had to employ what 'big' described to remove the ones on my MY2004 S60R - and yes, once they're removed there's a faint but noticeable marking left behind. No matter - I'm much happier with them gone from sight.

The ones on plastic on the MY2004 and above are almost impossible to remove.

Question: If you were to order two sun visors from Volvo would they come with the stickers in place or not ? :D