PDA

View Full Version : Door lock "blink to confirm" quit working.

gibbons
12-06-2004, 05:19 PM
It figures, 2 days after I say there have been no issues in the first year of ownership, my door locking "blink to confirm" quit working. That's when the turn signals flash to indicate the doors are locked.

I probably held a button too long or something like that that reprogrammed something. I can't find anything in the owner's manual. Anyone got any ideas?

wgriswold
12-06-2004, 05:50 PM
The same thing happened to me a year ago. Apparently I had left the hood or tailgate (the hood, I think) closed and supposedly fastened, but not enough to engage the closed sensor that tells the computer that the hood or tailgate is closed. If something is open the car will not lock itself. Try firmly closing the hood and tailgate and maybe the doors and that might solve your problem.

gibbons
12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Griswold, you're my volvoxc.com hero of the day. I love this site!

Yup, although the hood looked closed, I unlatched it, lifted it, closed it firmly, an the blinky works again.

Thank you! Can you imagine the dealer trying to figure this issue out? :eek:

TrueBlue
12-07-2004, 02:45 AM
I think there's an International Conspiracy; my lights have ceased working since my last service - natural to blame the dealer, especially 'cos he managed to reset my fuel consumption calculation. Guess I'll go and "slam" the bonnet (or whatever you guys call it) before ranting to the dealer....

Being paranoid I'm assuming that it's Volvo watching me (See poll on the subject) to see how many peeps complain.. LOL.

If it was a door left open then the car doesn't lock, so you know "you done wrong", but for the bonnet there's zilch. Pain.

I will go and have a play and come back.

BTW where's the darn switch??

wgriswold
12-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I never did look for the switch, so I can't help there. I assume that it is similiar to the switches on the doors.

gibbons
12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
I tell ya, the hood (bonnet :) ) looked closed to me, I only open/slammed it to report back that I tried it and it didn't work ;)

I was so amazed that I looked for some kind of plunger switch like the doors have, but didn't see one. Maybe there is something down on the latch where I can't see. Maybe there is a magnetic proximity switch, but the hood is aluminum......