PDA

View Full Version : To the mystery family who gave me a flyer for this site in Irvine, CA

lenn
11-21-2004, 10:08 AM
To the mystery man and his wife in the Blue Ocean Race Edition XC 70 in Irvine, CA:

Thanks very much for turning me on to the site and forums! My wife and I were looking at buying a certified 2003 XC 70 at Power Volvo in Irvine, CA. It was the first time we had driven one and really fell for it.

While we were taking a last long gander at the car before heading home, a couple in an Ocean Race Edition XC 70 pulled up and gave us a little flyer to tell us about the site and how much they love their car. I don't know who you are, but thanks for pulling over and turning us on to your site and community. What a great place and it just cements our interest in getting an XC 70. Thanks again for sharing your passion!

- lenn

John@CdnRockies
11-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Lenn, nice to have you on board. One of the side benefits of owning a Volvo is the supportive community on this web site. I used it a lot when researching our vehicle purchase. Just scroll through past topics, try the Search feature for specific areas of interest or just post a question. We purchased an '04 and have no regrets whatsoever.

John

Art
11-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the site lenn! I could be wrong here, but I do believe you’re only the second member to join after seeing one of the website flyers. Great to have you along for the ride! http://volvoxc.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Hopefully your mystery family will step forward and claim credit for introducing you to the site. I can think of at least a couple OR members who call CA home. ;)

AWD*V70XC
11-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey lenn he was no mystery man, he was a sheperd and you were the lost http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_158.gif, all he did was bring you into the fold. Welcome in. If you have any questions, post away. You can be sure to get some good and bad comments and then all you have to do is just decide when you collect your new XC70. :D

ifnt420
11-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Welcome aboard!! :)

Glad to see that the flyers are working like it's suppose to.
Remember to post a pic of your XC after you get it!!! :D

Cheers!

lenn
11-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks to all for your welcome. I will post questions as they strike me, so far everything I have read in my research seems like it is the right vehicle for us.

lenn

XCharlie
11-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Hi Lenn,

I did also a lot of research before I bought my XC. This site really helped me out. Questions & answers!

Untill now it's the best & safest car I ever had, I didn't regred for a moment.

It's like you told in your first mail, it's really a passion,
Greetings,

XCharlie

Francisd
11-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the fold. I found this site very useful and helped me choose the XC over the other vehicles we were considering (X3, Outback).

ocean 506
11-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Sorry Lenn,
I did not mean to be a mystery, I was late for my God Son's Birthday. What a conundrum, look at Volvo's, or go to a birthday party at Chucky Cheese! I must confess...My wife was reminding me we were going to be late!
Lenn, you may be faced with many choices, but if you go XC, I may just let you borrow my Back Country Adventures book for So Cal.

Ocean 506