PDA

View Full Version : I said "Boys, that's the marque for me"

cbob
11-18-2004, 08:04 PM
But by then the tail lights were all I could see. :p

Cruising up the rain and wind swept "See! The Sky!" highway this PM, doing, well (ahem); well I won't say I was exceeding the posted speed limit, at least not here on this open forum, but let's say cooking along nicely. Checking the mirrors, as is my habit, I see a lone vehicle haulin' me in like a hooked carp. As he blew by me at, oh shall we say about 50-60 km/h over the already generous posted speed, I could not help but notice the familiar lines, the familiar colour, the cool tail lights (see above).
Sure 'nough; an XC70 2.5 T purchased from our friends at Volvo of N. Van.

Whoa! This baby was on a mission.
I tried to tuck in close for possible driving lesson opportunities, but those 50 extra ponies he had on my 2002 V70XC kept me straining.
Maybe it's tradeup time.

Gotta say, those XC's of ours are sure fun to follow at speed, in the rain, on a road you know. Shades of last summer's XC gathering!!

And yes, I redeemed myself. We were 1/2 at the first Whistler stoplight. :)

Wheeeee!

ifnt420
11-18-2004, 11:09 PM
I tried to tuck in close for possible driving lesson opportunities, but those 50 extra ponies he had on my 2002 V70XC kept me straining.
Maybe it's tradeup time.:)
Wheeeee!
Hmm.. I thought the only difference between the 2.4T and 2.5T is 10hp? :o Time to call IPD for their ECU perhaps? :D

John@CdnRockies
11-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Hey Mike, I see that you are still honing that same driving style that we all admired in the XC roundup. Good thing that Volvo is armed with every safety feature imaginable!

This morning Calgary received a skiff of snow on top of a layer of ice. Paralysis throughout the city which even a Volvo can't over come. Good thing the seats are comfy.

John