PDA

View Full Version : Standard XC builds and what they include?

Timbob
11-17-2004, 11:02 PM
I was wondering what are the standard XC70 builds and what they include? I've heard builds called: Touring, premium,etc...
Does the 2002 have the adjustable airbag deployments based on the weight of the seat occupant?
I don't know why I'm asking now I just won bidding on a 2002 XC70, 17K miles and I already have buyers remorse over the newer models(2003) new all-wheel drive system.
Shoulda checked out this board a little earlier!
Over, Timbob

AWD*V70XC
11-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Hey Tinbob I think you just got yourself a very good car, the 2002 + or MY02 cars were the better that the pre 2002 models, on your car you should have the Haldex (undercarriage system) which was greatly improved than previous years.

You have omitted to state where in the World you are, but I guess you are Stateside or Canada :confused: The general build is common to most, the add-ons are just cosmetic with a few gadgets added like folding mirrors, or similar. Airbags are standard on all cars including SIPS and WHIPS so safety is not compromised in your winning bid.

Hope to see more of you around and maybe some photos in time :D

Art
11-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the site Timbob,

Better late than never as we like to say. ;) I'd have to agree with AWD in stating that '02s likely have a better track record than the previous MY. That said, we have really been pleased with the way our rig has performed. :)

Here (http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/2002/2002_specs/2002_xc.html) are the US specs for the 2002 V70XC including the packages that were available at the time. :)

I don’t believe that the dual stage air bags in the XC are equipped with occupant weight sensors.

Timbob
11-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow, thanks for the QUICK info. What do they mean by 2 stage air bags? I've only seen the low rez pics of what I have bought and didn't really ask the folks much detail about the car since its basically new and they are the original owners. Divorce sale! I'll fly out soon to New Jersey and then plunk down the rest of the $ but first I'll have a REAL close look before I drive back to New Mexico.....
I currently have a 94 850 that has been great and I plan to keep although last month the last 3 feet were pummelled by golf ball and larger hail. Most all cars in our town had all the glass shattered so I was lucky!
Over, Timbob

Art
11-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Ahhh....I see...then their loss is your gain. ;)

In a nutshell, dual stage air bags deploy at different stages of power. The less severe the crash impact the lower the deployment force and the more severe an impact is (faster speed) the pressure/force in the air bag is increased.

Feel free to post specs of your XC in the 'roll call' thread once you get it home! :cool: