PDA

View Full Version : New '01 owner need info on build date

jadder
11-12-2004, 06:20 PM
I just bought a dealer certified '01 XC70 (Platinum green/taupe) with integrated booster seats, third row seats, cold weather package, touring package, power sunroof and premium package with 16,000 miles on it. From Carfax I know that it was imported new to the US from Canada in May '01. It had one previous owner who purchased the car in July '01. How do I find out the build date?

littlewaywelt
11-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I just bought a dealer certified '01 XC70 (Platinum green/taupe) with integrated booster seats, third row seats, cold weather package, touring package, power sunroof and premium package with 16,000 miles on it. From Carfax I know that it was imported new to the US from Canada in May '01. It had one previous owner who purchased the car in July '01. How do I find out the build date?
It's on the door
-Driver side rear if memory serves.

great color

jadder
11-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll take a look.

I love the platinum green and the way it moves between a blue-green-silver depending on the light.

My insurance inspector thought it unusual to have the sticker on the rear door. Is that on all Volvos?

jackson58
11-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Yes as far as I know all newer Volvo's have the sticker on the leftside passenger door post. I also think the build date is the week and year the car was completed. Im not 100% sure on that so maybe someone can clairify it.

jadder
11-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Yes as far as I know all newer Volvo's have the sticker on the leftside passenger door post. I also think the build date is the week and year the car was completed. Im not 100% sure on that so maybe someone can clairify it.

My sticker on the leftside passenger door lists 04/2001 which I assume is the build date of my MY2001 V70 Cross Country. This makes sense because the Carfax reports that it was imported into the US in May 2001.

BTW, when do automobile manufacturers generally begin/end producing cars for any given model year?

Thanks.