PDA

View Full Version : Finally, First Long Drive!

Artz
11-05-2004, 08:43 PM
At last - we've had the XC 2 months and hadn't really gone anywhere. I mean, we had just over 1000 miles, and it's been 2 months. I;ve been itching to get out and drive it SOMEWHERE, but the opportunity just hasn't been there.

Today, my wife and I took a day trip today into the Pocono Mountain region in PA, approx 300 miles round trip. Finally, I was getting my chance to drive the XC on the open road.

And I am happy to report, this car really takes to being driven! We drove this morning through 40 MPH winds, and were late for our appointment, so I was really pushing it. Did 80 MPH for much of the trip. I have never felt comfortable maintaining speeds much over 70 MPH in any vehicle, but the XC handled it like it was nothing. So quiet, and such ease accelerating. Never have I felt so secure at high speed with passing and handling curves. Drove back after dark, so I took it a little easier. Great lighting (Halogens, no Xenons).

Before this trip I liked the car, now I REALLY like it!

I may have to get one for myself in a year or two!

gary
11-06-2004, 12:18 AM
I may have to get one for myself in a year or two!

Artz,

I couldn't agree with you more! We bought our '03 primarily as a replacement car for my wife, so I don't get to drive as much as I would like to. Every time I get behind the wheel though, I get so excited. It is a wonderful driving experience (and it has high "cool" factor in my opinion.) I am planning on getting myself an XC70 in a year or two (actually, I guess she will get the new one and I'll take the '03, but I'll still be happy) :)

Glad you had a good trip into the Pocanos.